Snakes!!

Old May 4th 2009, 8:34 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Snakes!!

Anyone know what a grass snake looks like? I have one in my garden nearly a metre long, green with black spots. Been told it is almost certainly just a grass snake, but I'd like someone elses opinion! He was sat on my steps when I came back from school today, looking at me!
Old May 4th 2009, 8:55 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snakes!!

Italy has a few grass snakes.

Have a look at this link and see if you can find your new pet.

A friend of mine found one in her house last Spring. It had got into the utility room where there were lots of nice gaps and hidey holes for it. She said it was a right bugger to get out again.

http://www.kingsnake.com/reptilia-it...ile/biacco.htm
Old May 4th 2009, 9:01 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I've just been looking at that site! Can't find anything that looks exactly like this one, but I'm thinking it must be a grass snake - doesn't resemble any of the adders any way! I'll keep an eye out for him and try and get a photo next time!
Old May 4th 2009, 9:17 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Just don't let him inside !
Old May 4th 2009, 9:34 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if the Italians eat snake? They eat just about anything else (except if they were in England when they would eat only pizza)... although I don't think this extends to trouser snakes.
Old May 4th 2009, 9:37 am
The Original Red Head!

There was me thinking you might have something useful to contribute!

Have you been away? Sick? You've been very quiet on here recently. Not scared you off have we!
Old May 4th 2009, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by duffer
I wonder if the Italians eat snake? They eat just about anything else (except if they were in England when they would eat only pizza)... although I don't think this extends to trouser snakes.
They might have done in the war days. They used to eat cats then as well or so I've been told a hundred times.
Old May 4th 2009, 9:44 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

No I haven't been sick. I've got shitloads of work to do so I've only been lurking on the forums.

They still eat cats, hedgehogs and horses.

And what might they have eaten in the war days? Trouser snakes?
Old May 4th 2009, 9:45 am
The Original Red Head!

I did find a photo from China while I was looking of Snake kebabs! They just stook sticks through them, they looked like snake lollipops!
Old May 4th 2009, 9:46 am
Pull my finger

I'm sure it would taste like chicken. TR - why don't you just grab it?
Old May 4th 2009, 9:58 am
The Original Red Head!

That's what the lady who owns the garden said! After you!
Old May 4th 2009, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by duffer
No I haven't been sick. I've got shitloads of work to do so I've only been lurking on the forums.

They still eat cats, hedgehogs and horses.

And what might they have eaten in the war days? Trouser snakes?
Who eats hedgehogs?
Old May 4th 2009, 10:05 am
The Original Red Head!

Well the Rom do, they cover them in clay and bake them - the ones in the UK were supposed to anyway!!

He's obsessed isn't he!
Old May 4th 2009, 10:14 am
Pull my finger

Rom = Romanians?
Have you seen muthafudding Snakes on a muthafudding Plane?
Old May 4th 2009, 10:42 am
The Original Red Head!

No, Rom = Romany, as in gypsies. They aren't originally from Romania, although many think they are.

Unfortunately, yes I have seen it....I got the theme tune on my i-pod - it starts with Samuel saying those immortal lines, so worth it for that!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.