Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Single mother- is it safe relocating to Catania?

Single mother- is it safe relocating to Catania?

Old Jun 9th 2015, 1:04 am
Banned

extremeld is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Single mother- is it safe relocating to Catania?

Paterno is not Catania, it is in the Provence not the city which is why you pass fields going from one to the other.

Catania has an Autostrada running ROUND it, Paterno is more than 10km beyond this!

Whoever classed places as 10km past a ring road as part of the city within?

CT has 300,000 Paterno, is within the provence not the city, big difference!
Old Jun 9th 2015, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

When I drive from Catania port to Paterno I can assure you thereare no green fields - there are endless housing estates and shopping centres. Misterbianco makes Hammersmith look like Orpington - our conceptions of urban living are obviously different !
Old Jun 9th 2015, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all

Originally Posted by extremeld
Paterno is not Catania, it is in the Provence not the city which is why you pass fields going from one to the other.

Catania has an Autostrada running ROUND it, Paterno is more than 10km beyond this!

Whoever classed places as 10km past a ring road as part of the city within?

CT has 300,000 Paterno, is within the provence not the city, big difference!

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_metropolitana_di_Catania
Old Jun 9th 2015, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

lindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to beholdlindanoto is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sancho
My husband was born here, we live here ,and when he speaks of PaternĂ² he refers to it as part of Catania even though it does have it's own comune and is not. For what it is worth- it is one of the more hideous towns I have had to travel to.

Last edited by lindanoto; Jun 9th 2015 at 8:08 am.