Shop selling British food?

Wikiposts

Shop selling British food?

Old Jul 30th 2013, 3:13 am
Just Joined

wide_eyed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shop selling British food?

Hello! Hope you are all well and enjoying the lovely weather

Wonder if anyone can help... We have been told there is a food shop in Modena that sells some british bits but no one seems quite sure where lol! Just wondered if anyone has any ideas? Or could recommend anywhere else? I am reluctant to order online as we dont want much!

Desperate for some robinsons squash lol!

Many thanks
Natalie x
Old Jul 30th 2013, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shop selling British food?

Originally Posted by wide_eyed

Wonder if anyone can help... We have been told there is a food shop in Modena that sells some british bits but no one seems quite sure where lol! Just wondered if anyone has any ideas? Or could recommend anywhere else? I am reluctant to order online as we dont want much!

Many thanks
Natalie x
Hi Natalie,

I checked Castroni for you( the Rome Flaminia shop also sells online), but they do not have Robinson squashes amongst the ones they sell.
OH always brings a couple of bottles on the plane when he goes to the UK as we have never seen it here.

Anyway, have a look at the link for anything else you need:

http://www.milledelizie.com/catalogo.php
Old Jul 30th 2013, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

wide_eyed is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for replying i will check it out x
Old Jul 31st 2013, 12:43 am
I just like to help

Snapper Bruce will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wide_eyed

Many thanks
Natalie x
I get my english tea from this site.
http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/s...cordial-drinks
Ciao Bruce.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 1:31 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

have you tried contacting Robinsons direct

although my experience is that UK co's say they export product but the people on the ground say they have never heard of it.

trying to get King of Shaves shaving gel in Granada is like trying to get a real cup of tea - impossible.

hth
Old Jul 31st 2013, 3:13 am
I just like to help

Snapper Bruce will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Domino
have you tried contacting Robinsons direct

although my experience is that UK co's say they export product but the people on the ground say they have never heard of it.

trying to get King of Shaves shaving gel in Granada is like trying to get a real cup of tea - impossible.

hth
They have it here.
http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/mens-toiletries
Ciao Bruce.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Sylsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

I lived in Modena last year. There is a good Chinese shop on Via Emilia, just before Parco Ferrari on the opposite side next to the Esso garage, which sells lots of UK products. Also try the 'Hello' African shop behind the anagrafe. These shops sell proper Uk tea (PG Tips), cream crackers, shortbread biscuits, Quaker oats, corned beef, Marmite, peanut butter and other tinned and packet items at reasonable prices.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Sylsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sylsmum
I lived in Modena last year. There is a good Chinese shop on Via Emilia, just before Parco Ferrari on the opposite side next to the Esso garage, which sells lots of UK products. Also try the 'Hello' African shop behind the anagrafe. These shops sell proper Uk tea (PG Tips), cream crackers, shortbread biscuits, Quaker oats, corned beef, Marmite, peanut butter and other tinned and packet items at reasonable prices.
Forgot to say, there is a Lidl in Modena too, quite a lot of the tinned & packeted items are same as UK, eg. Jams, cereals, though the fresh products are all Italian & more expensive than in UK. Have to say, have never seen squash in Italy, but they do have their own 'cordials' usually sold in a tall tin, many are fruity flavours and very good, you might become quite addicted ! Ask in Conad etc !