Reload this Page >

Seeking Good New Homes For Abandoned Dogs in Italy

Seeking Good New Homes For Abandoned Dogs in Italy

Old Feb 24th 2011, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

NonnaLou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seeking Good New Homes For Abandoned Dogs in Italy

Desperately Seeking Good New Homes For Abandoned Dogs in Italy

Searching for some kind, caring, genuinely dog friendly people / families to help us re-home some of these poor abandoned dogs.

Please can you help ???

Please take a moment to look at our Webpages

http://adoptdogs.shapcott-family.com/index.html

We are a British couple currently living in Lazio, Italy.

We are animal lovers, so when we moved to live in Italy 6 years ago we brought our own 2 pet dogs with us.

But we were deeply saddened by the number of stray, unwanted dogs that there are in Italy and how many canines are badly treated by their owners. It seems Italians do not feel the same attachment to their animals as we do.
In the countryside everyone with a bit of land seems to have a couple of large, vociferous dogs, solely for guarding or hunting purposes. They are generally chained up, often neglected, and shown little or no affection. Hunters often breed litters of pups and choose the best suited for hunting and literally just throw the others out.

During our time here we have taken in numerous stray dogs, feeding and generally looking after them.

All the females have been spayed and all dogs have been annually vaccinated at our own expense.

Fortunately we have a very kind and friendly vet who has charged only for medicine / vaccinations, but nothing for his time, and a couple of other benefactors. We can’t thank them enough.

Sadly, however, we are finding that our circumstances are changing, as due to family reasons we need to spend more time back in the UK.

We are therefore searching for some kind, caring, genuinely dog friendly people / families to help us re-home some of these poor abandoned dogs.

http://adoptdogs.shapcott-family.com/index.html

PLEASE, PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ???
Old Mar 6th 2011, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

MrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeking Good New Homes For Abandoned Dogs in Italy

Awwww, what lovely looking dogs!

Thank you so much for looking after the stray/unwanted dogs.

I presume you are just looking for Italian homes?

I hope you have had lots of responses.

Mrs T
Old Mar 8th 2011, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Ciao NonnaLOu,
would love to help but am facing the same problem. At the moment am dogsitting a very boistrerous mongrel dog for son no. 3, who does what you are doing. In fact in my own opinion he spends too much time on dogs, and not enough on business. However, he and his friends are fully booked with stray dogs, so we are dog sitting for him for a few days. You know what they say ' look after your children, because they choose your care home'
Although this is a lovely dog, and quite obedient, he is also very hard work.
It had originally been abandoned in Spain, after having been shot at, and petrol poured over him and set alight.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Mar 8th 2011, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

dondodi is just really nicedondodi is just really nicedondodi is just really nicedondodi is just really nicedondodi is just really nicedondodi is just really nicedondodi is just really nicedondodi is just really nicedondodi is just really nicedondodi is just really nicedondodi is just really nice

poor dog ononno! Is he a podenco? Many of them seem to suffer the same fate in Spain.. some get their legs broken and left tied up some remote place to die
I hope "a dog's life" in Italy is not as horrid as in Spain (from what I hear of the poor galgos and podencos there).

NonnaLou, hope you get homes for your rescue. I have a feeling I will end up in your situation when I finally find a house...
Any chance a local rescue would foster them for you till you are back?