Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Seeking advice on schools south of Torino

Seeking advice on schools south of Torino

Old May 8th 2014, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Sheelin11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seeking advice on schools south of Torino

Hi, I am new to this forum. I wish to get information on any English speaking schools south of Torino, Piedmont. I am exploring the opportunity of doing a course in Pollenzo, near Bra, however I also have to take into account the education of 3 English speaking children (ages 8 and 6 year old twins). It would be wonderful for them to learn to speak Italian as a 2nd language however they will need an English speaking school in the first instance. I would like to minimise travel between the school and Bra if possible however I realise that that may not be possible. This being the case, I would opt to live closer to Torino, and the children's school, and commute to Bra each day. Any suggestions or URLs would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!
Old May 13th 2014, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Pinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeking advice on schools south of Torino

Originally Posted by Sheelin11
Hi, I am new to this forum. I wish to get information on any English speaking schools south of Torino, Piedmont. I am exploring the opportunity of doing a course in Pollenzo, near Bra, however I also have to take into account the education of 3 English speaking children (ages 8 and 6 year old twins). It would be wonderful for them to learn to speak Italian as a 2nd language however they will need an English speaking school in the first instance. I would like to minimise travel between the school and Bra if possible however I realise that that may not be possible. This being the case, I would opt to live closer to Torino, and the children's school, and commute to Bra each day. Any suggestions or URLs would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!
Hi Sheelin11 – and welcome to our 'community'.

You probably won't have a wide choice. The International School of Turin (now in Chieri) is about 60Km from Bra but is a relatively easy drive that should take between 45 mins. to an hour each way. A lot of driving! http://www.isturin.it

Good luck / 'In bocca al lupo'
Old May 13th 2014, 4:54 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheelin11

Thank you!

Sorry, didn't see this. Welcome. 6 & 8 yrs olds could do well in an Italian primary. Depending on when your kids were 6 they would be in 1st grade or 2nd with the option of staying behind a year. 8yr old would be in 3rd or 4th.

Originally Posted by Pinco Pallino

You probably won't have a wide choice. The International School of Turin (now in Chieri) is about 60Km from Bra but is a relatively easy drive that should take between 45 mins. to an hour each way. A lot of driving! http://www.isturin.it

Optimistic time in the rush hour.
Old May 14th 2014, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Sheelin11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pinco Pallino

Thank you!