Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Originally Posted by Gio
As long as it was only his feet I had to kiss

I'm shocked Indie. This made me choke on me bit of cake I was eating, inhaled a crumb that went down the wrong way. Then, hot tea that was by the computer tipped into my lap from my coughing so much...Grrrr Doctoressa. I think I need one!
ooops sorry Gio! I was thinking of worse wrinkly places that Belu has that I definitely DID NOT want to kiss!!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
ooops sorry Gio! I was thinking of worse wrinkly places that Belu has that I definitely DID NOT want to kiss!!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:25 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Maths holiday homework was not looked at at all today at school. Nobody bothered Chloe and the teacher never asked for her book or mentioned holiday homework.

She might end up with a 5 on some register for not finishing the work but I don't give a damn about one bad mark. Anyway the preside said that the pagella is the official report so Chloe has a whole school year ahead of her to get decent marks. Word doesn't seem to have got around the village yet about the whole palaver. If it does I'm sure I'll get one or more people telling me I'm a bad example for not making Chloe finish every last sum !

School dinners have gone up to 3 Euro - which I know is cheaper that what others pay but a 70 cent increase is quite a hefty mark up. The menu is the same.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Have to go and get buoni this week so am hoping they havent gone up from 4.40€ of last term. But then again I've only got one set to buy and you've got 2 Lorna . Its an expensive business this school lark - no wonder italians arent having babies anymore Apparantely its thanks to the immigrants that the birth rate isnt practically zero !
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:06 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I don't fork out as much as most as Alex only eats there twice a week when he has afternoon lessons instead of Saturdays and Chloe has just one rientro a week.

I could of course go and pick them up, bring them home for lunch and then take them back to school but that's far too much hassle and a hot decent meal at school is better than the sandwich I'd probably throw them.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

I told the young(ish) chap in the ferramenta shop in the village that we have a sandwich for lunch usually. I wish I'd never opened my mouth - I got a lecture about food and meals and how you cant possibly be healthy if you eat disgusting things like that - I was speechless
When I told him that shops in England usually stay open all day and have an hour for lunch - well he nearly fainted
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

I pay nearly €10 a day for both my kids plus a load of the mummies are up in arms as this year it is obbligotory and there is no 'bis'. Good for H not to eat about 6 plates of pasta but for the days when Julia doesn't like the secondo... tough!!

I had another mum tell me off at the school today about why I am walking Julia to school. She lives near my house and says it's very dangerous when the seasons change to have children out walking to and from school. I was a bit gobsmacked tbh but I've had a lot of well-meaning people this week stopping to offer me a lift to the school. In some ways this means that people are beginning to accept me here and be kind but, I like to walk for goodness sake!! It's only 20minutes!! I also wonder if the mummy near my house might be thinking that if I can walk maybe she should... I dunno but I do sometimes get fed up of getting advice from people.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 12:34 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm paying 5.50 from this year! We get a menu from the comune with 4 week rotating menus, one for winter, one for summer. Most of the food is organic too so I can't really complain! Antonia's problem was the primi but apparently she liked it last week, so that's ok!

Many Italians have panini for lunch! You see them in all the bars at lunchtime down from the offices! What a daft thing to say! Must be nice to have the time for a leisurely 3 or 4 courses!!
Old Sep 19th 2010, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'd go to sleep if I ate 3 or 4 courses for lunch!! I can't even drink wine at lunch time without the need for a nap!
Old Sep 19th 2010, 5:24 pm

TR - organic or not I think that's quite a lot for a kid's lunch.
Quite a few places around here offer lunch time specials of a "primo piatto", quarter litre of wine/half litre of water and a coffee for 5 Euro.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 7:16 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

It IS a lot, I agree and there is a scale so not everyone pays that but at a private school it's a case of you pay top of the scale else why are you there? It supposed to be good but then I've heard most school lunches are here so have nothing to compare to.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 7:37 am

Does your daughter stay at school every afternoon too?
My friend's kids in the private Catholic school down in town stay until about 4pm and there is also after school (dopo scuola) until 5 or 5.30pm but I think parents pay a bit extra for dopo scuola though.
It does mean that her kids don't come home with loads and loads of homework as they have finished most of it, if not all of it most days by 4pm. They don't go on Saturdays either.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 9:57 am
The Original Red Head!

Antonia is in 8.30 - 4.15 every day except weekends. There is dopo scuola but it's only until 5.00 I think....not sure as I don't use it! I know in materna it was normal for kids with older brothers and sisters to come out with the elementare kids, but that doesn't apply this year, so I don't know tbh. This nun said on the first day she doesn't give hwk during the week and only a little, if any, at the weekend. She didn't have any this weekend.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 10:03 am

That's a nice starting time.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:07 am
The Original Red Head!

The school recommends they get to the door by 8.15 so she has time to go to the loo, get settled etc. plus she is on the 2nd floor of the school and they aren't allowed to use the lift! (We never were unless it was urgent though in my secondary school!) We leave around 7.45. Great fun!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.