Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:39 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Cars parked all over the place this morning, triple parked even in some places and gangs of parents standing around gates overflowing onto the road in front - bloody schools have started again!
Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Had to laugh at one of those "back to school" news items on TG1 . .all the kids outside for the first day .. one nipper was carrying a pack of A4 paper . .

..expect some had their own loo rolls in their rucksacks too ..
Old Sep 13th 2012, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malcesine99
Went to the second hand book sale at my DS new school today, so thankfully instead of almost €300 it was about half that, just needed to order 6 new books. I know this is reality but I still had to console myself with a huge frappe to recover!
I picked up DD's ( first year middle school ) books last night , 250 eur including 3 volumes for Art , two for Music and another three for ' technologia ' I was very pleased with the service from Ipercoop who also covered all the books in plastic for a small extra charge - something I hate doing and am totally cr*p at anyway .
Old Sep 13th 2012, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
I picked up DD's ( first year middle school ) books last night , 250 eur including 3 volumes for Art , two for Music and another three for ' technologia ' I was very pleased with the service from Ipercoop who also covered all the books in plastic for a small extra charge - something I hate doing and am totally cr*p at anyway .
My DS informed me he needs a new school bag, the one he's got isn't big enough! 2 lists from younger sons for quadernoni covered in various colours etc. This is a learning curve for me

(P.s. won't upset Mark by hijacking his thread - Glad you enjoyed your hol)
Old Sep 13th 2012, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

.. not my thread this one, luv!

Morning all!
Old Sep 13th 2012, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

Originally Posted by MarkRD
.. not my thread this one, luv!

Morning all!
Morning! I meant your tweeting thread
Old Sep 13th 2012, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Morning! I meant your tweeting thread
ah yes right .. got that . .sorry a bit slow there.

back to ed-yu-cay-shun ... the university "tests" continue!!
Old Sep 13th 2012, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
ah yes right .. got that . .sorry a bit slow there.

back to ed-yu-cay-shun ... the university "tests" continue!!
you or your daughter ?
Old Sep 13th 2012, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
you or your daughter ?
daughter ... I'm having other kinds of problems!
Old Sep 13th 2012, 9:24 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

My DS informed me he needs a new school bag, the one he's got isn't big enough! 2 lists from younger sons for quadernoni covered in various colours etc. This is a learning curve for me

On my way to bed and have been ferrying dad around the school timeteable to be a tourist.

P.S As far as I am aware - there is no physical difference between quaderni and quadernoni. All the stupid effing exercise books are the same size. The only difference is if they are squares or lines and what type of lines inside.

And all of them send me squinty eyed except for the plain single line.

Italians cannot write more than two lines on plain white paper. They have grown up all their school lives with squares or lines or double lines. If I give my students half a page of white paper to write a simple description on - I see half of them draw out the lines first with a ruler and the ones that don't care, well they write all over the place.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 6:41 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
P.S As far as I am aware - there is no physical difference between quaderni and quadernoni. All the stupid effing exercise books are the same size. The only difference is if they are squares or lines and what type of lines inside.
You were tired when you wrote this, weren't you? Quadernoni are the A4 size. Quaderno the normal book size - can't remember the A mumber.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Mrs Sensible is back at school, she has a set of 6 year old twins in her class that she says are feral. The twins haven't been to nursery this is their first week in school.

At lunch time she heard the following shouted from the toilets

QUALCUNO, QUALCUNO VENIRE QUI E PULIRE MIO CULO!!!

I think they decided to draw straws to see who would:

1, do the cleaning up
2, who would tackle the mum
Old Sep 18th 2012, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera

Mrs Sensible is back at school, she has a set of 6 year old twins in her class that she says are feral. The twins haven't been to nursery this is their first week in school.

1, do the cleaning up
I still smile when I remember the day I made by three year old explain what culo meant. He knew it was a bad word and had said it with a smile so I looked it up. He didn't know the English equivalent, only that it was 'the hole near your sedere'
Old Sep 19th 2012, 6:16 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
You were tired when you wrote this, weren't you? Quadernoni are the A4 size. Quaderno the normal book size - can't remember the A mumber.

Tired? I was knackered. Back to school week plus doing the tourist runs each afternoon and a few late-ish nights.

Everyone around here just says "quaderni" for the A4 school size books.
The ones with the tiny squares really do make me go all squinty.....especially trying to work out maths on them.

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera

1, do the cleaning up
That's all the teachers need .... more "handicapped" kids who have not been taught basic independance.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 6:49 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Do they teach the kids to wipe their bottoms at scuola materna? TBH at home we wipe our 4yr old's bottom... I suppose now is as good time as any to teach him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.