Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Old Mar 1st 2012, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Re: Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Originally Posted by pugliese
and the complementary angle!
angle? TRI-angle you mean!
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

We did painting at playgroup yesterday. The kids were supposed to create something springlike, and Emily had a lovely time using her paintbrush and hands, spreading all the colours around (and colouring her mother's jeans). There was a child sitting next to her aged about two or three, and her mother spent the whole time saying, "Michela! Don't mix the colours! That's not springlike! Put some more here where there's a blank space!" The poor little thing didn't get to enjoy herself at all, her mother was neurotically managing the whole operation
Old Mar 9th 2012, 4:02 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K in Modena
We did painting at playgroup yesterday. The kids were supposed to create something springlike, and Emily had a lovely time using her paintbrush and hands, spreading all the colours around (and colouring her mother's jeans). There was a child sitting next to her aged about two or three, and her mother spent the whole time saying, "Michela! Don't mix the colours! That's not springlike! Put some more here where there's a blank space!" The poor little thing didn't get to enjoy herself at all, her mother was neurotically managing the whole operation
Poor kid. Sometimes they just need to be left to get down and dirty and have fun.

Alex has got 2 Italian worksheets to complete and on top of that he has to come up with 30 sentences that all include a word with an accent and he has to highlight the accent.

I am so tempted to get him to write "Perchรจ la maestra ci da sempre tanti compiti?"
Old Mar 10th 2012, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Elder daughter said '' Mum can you do two photocopies ? My friends have got to make up an english test ...'' I duely switched on the printer / copier and she explained '' no ! do as in fill in the answers '' not best pleased I had a look and saw it was really simple stuff .. a photo of an obviously ill person and under they were supposed to write '' oh dear she's got a cough '' so under the man sneezing I put '' Oh dear he's got bronchial pneumonia '' and under the girl squinting at a white plastic stick I carefully wrote '' Oh dear she's pregnant ''... can't wait for the test results !
Old Mar 10th 2012, 2:20 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Elder daughter said '' Mum can you do two photocopies ? My friends have got to make up an english test ...'' I duely switched on the printer / copier and she explained '' no ! do as in fill in the answers '' not best pleased I had a look and saw it was really simple stuff .. a photo of an obviously ill person and under they were supposed to write '' oh dear she's got a cough '' so under the man sneezing I put '' Oh dear he's got bronchial pneumonia '' and under the girl squinting at a white plastic stick I carefully wrote '' Oh dear she's pregnant ''... can't wait for the test results !
OMG You're even more wicked than I am.

Chloe's teacher asked her what the hard ballet shoes are called the other day - asked her if they were called pointy toe ballerina slippers or did they have another name in English.

I wish the stupid woman would learn to Google. Chloe doesn't do ballet and as far as I know - most ballet references are in French and not English.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Teacher accepted the answer as correct !
Old Mar 13th 2012, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Teacher accepted the answer as correct !
What? Even "oh dear she's pregnant."

I wonder what white stick it was supposed to be? Oh I've just got it ....... it was probably meant to be a thermometer and not a pregnancy test
Old Mar 13th 2012, 1:33 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear the batteries have run out!
Old Mar 13th 2012, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by duffer
Oh dear the batteries have run out!
We really do hand them to you on a plate don't we?
Old Mar 13th 2012, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MarkRD
We really do hand them to you on a plate don't we?
speak for yourself !
Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:40 pm

Crappy English Teacher told Chloe that lorry isn't an English word and we use truck.

Arrrgggghhhh - I really want to slap the silly cow.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Crappy English Teacher told Chloe that lorry isn't an English word and we use truck.

Perhaps someone should buy her a dictionary!
Old Mar 14th 2012, 5:38 pm

Perhaps someone should fire her. If only !
Old Mar 15th 2012, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza

maybe she learnt English in America
Old Mar 15th 2012, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

The woman is clearly illiterate and stupid with it .. tell her about online dictionaries and wiki..

Truck From Wikipedia,
A truck (North American, Irish and Australian English) or lorry (British and Commonwealth English) is a motor vehicle designed to transport cargo

meanwhile my daughters class got two hours ' sex education ' yesterday including contraception / unwanted pregnancy and the fact that the local council has a special clinic for teenagers ... do you thing it was the fact that I put that silly answer in the test that about a 1/4 of the class had to taake ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.