Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

vaccine passport plans

vaccine passport plans

Old Sep 29th 2021, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all
Default vaccine passport plans

I wonder if anyone else has read this. Everyone ?

https://unherd.com/2021/09/italys-cy...ine-passports/

P.S. The only Agamben I know of wrote about Ettore Majorana. Don't know if this is the same person/

Last edited by Sancho; Sep 29th 2021 at 7:25 am.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 8:18 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vaccine passport plans

Just read it now using your link. I wonder if anything will change before October 15th? If it doesn't, I know quite a few people that will be getting suspended from their jobs.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Just read it now using your link. I wonder if anything will change before October 15th? If it doesn't, I know quite a few people that will be getting suspended from their jobs.
.... and that is when it will come unstuck!
Old Sep 30th 2021, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

offthepiste is an unknown quantity at this point

Hah ... down another rabbit hole.

There are at least two extremes ... the left ... and the right ... but topologically speaking they sort of meet behind the scenes...

On the left ... ta da .. are those websites and other streams of social media ... sponsored by that dick dastardly Madame Putain (my best joke yet to a French security agent outside the Elysee when aformentioned body part visited... he fell about laughing.. ) anyway .. who if you track down the underlying UK company via Companires House .. you will find is owned by a Russian .. with ties to you know who...

On the right... you guessed it ... a similar bunch of miscreants who have such companies as the 'museum of Communist terror' etc etc. and lo and behold also own unheard limited who publish the "article" regarding the covid passport.. another dastardly plot ... help oh help we are dooooomed . But don't panic captain manuring!!!!
Old Oct 1st 2021, 1:02 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

And so it begins. A lady I know works for a Cooperativa. They have the village cleaning contract. She's hired as a cleaner. Sometimes she cleans the comune, sometimes the library. She usually works alone after working normal daily hours. She has been given a week to decide if she's going to get vaccinated or not and told that if she doesn't, she'll be 'lasciato a casa'.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

Sounds reasonable.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Plan B
Sounds reasonable.
I don't think it does. I'm not pro vax or anti-vax but I think people should be allowed to choose. Why should this lady that I know be forced into a position that she doesn't want to? Why does somebody else get to choose over her?
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 7:09 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it does. I'm not pro vax or anti-vax but I think people should be allowed to choose. Why should this lady that I know be forced into a position that she doesn't want to? Why does somebody else get to choose over her?
As said in the report, France has a similar scheme. The Pass Sanitaire states "or a negative Test done within 72 hours", so one way to keep a job (and be able to enter public places) is to have a twice-weekly antigen test - not pleasant, but only temporarily until the rules change.
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree with Lorna.... Pro vaccine, but compulsory - no ! ‘Get out and get another job’ Sajid Javid said - vitriol remarks like this have no place and don't work.
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

If someone chooses to not have the anti-covid vaccination then it is not unreasonable for the remainder of society to expect that the non-vaccinated person’s movement within a society is to some extent restricted. The majority of covid patients in intensive care have not been vaccinated. They cause a drain on scarce hospital staff and resources which have been diverted away from the treatment of many other ailments as a result – as the longer waiting times for other chronic and acute treatments attest. The 70%+ that have been vaccinated expect to be able to resume as normal a life as possible – going to work, to school, seeing family again. Yet those that have been vaccinated can still be subject to a milder bout of covid which could at least require them quarantining again.

There may be sound medical reasons for a few people with certain underlying conditions for whom an anti-covid vaccination is not advisable, but for those that choose not be vaccinated either for selfish reasons or stupidity then I believe that it is reasonable for the vaccinated majority to expect to be protected from the unvaccinated wherever possible.

I’ve no doubt this will cause anger amongst some.
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

No one has a clue as to the impact of the vaccine on us long term, it's not stupidity, it is a concern some will have and should be dealt with better. Johnson told us all Covid was like mild flu, now that was stupid !
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

[QUOTE=Lorna at Vicenza;13057740]I don't think it does. I'm not pro vax or anti-vax but I think people should be allowed to choose. Why should this lady that I know be forced into a position that she doesn't want to? Why does somebody else get to choose over her?[/QUOTE

If she doesn't want to be vaccinated then she has the option of doing a test (extended from 48h to 72h) every 3 days and keep her job
Old Oct 4th 2021, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=clint;13057906]
I don't think it does. I'm not pro vax or anti-vax but I think people should be allowed to choose. Why should this lady that I know be forced into a position that she doesn't want to? Why does somebody else get to choose over her?[/QUOTE

If she doesn't want to be vaccinated then she has the option of doing a test (extended from 48h to 72h) every 3 days and keep her job
That's correct, we have a few people at work in a similar position. I went to the office for the first time in ages last week and the measures being taken are out of this world. Green Pass / Covid passport checks, daily seating plans to avoid high occupancy and mobile phone apps to support them.

As a semi aside, I took a few flights last week and I'm tempted to get a green pass / covid passport tattoo. Checks to pass security, enter the lounges, enter the restaurants, in the boarding queue and finally at the boarding desk. Surely once checked at security you should be in the clear. On the other hand, I was never asked for it outside of the airport in restaurants, neither the PLF or passport were requested upon arrival at Bari airport and the Italian system didn't recognise my Covid passport issued in another EU country. They just look at the QR code to see it's not Italian and press something on their tablet.
Old Oct 4th 2021, 8:22 am

If she doesn't want to be vaccinated then she has the option of doing a test (extended from 48h to 72h) every 3 days and keep her job[/QUOTE]

This is of course true, but the cost of the tests will start eating into her meagre earnings.

Old Oct 4th 2021, 1:03 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

This is of course true, but the cost of the tests will start eating into her meagre earnings.[/QUOTE]

I believe that, unless they're prescribed by the G.P., the tests will stop being free in France this month. Which is one way of encouraging recalcitrant people to get vaccinated.
If the tests aren't free in Italy, I'm afraid that, like many others, your acquaintance must decide between the lesser of the two "evils"....
P.S. Something wrong with the quotes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.