Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Hire car excess insurance

Hire car excess insurance

Old May 18th 2018, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

ALFIE15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hire car excess insurance

I am a residence here in Italy and hiring a car within Europe and normally take out hire car excess insurance. Having read terms and conditions of my normal policy you have to be a UK residence. Does anyone know of a similar product here in Italy online ?
Old May 18th 2018, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hire car excess insurance

I used icarhireinsurance and I think I'm right in saying that they would insure you based on your country of residence. Check the small print because I may have missed something!
Old May 18th 2018, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

I use insurance4carhire.com - they are UK-based, but explicitly cover Italian residents among others. The other acid test; I've only claimed from them once, and that was dealt with quickly, courteously and without questions.
Old May 18th 2018, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

ALFIE15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for both responses, just checked both sites and you are correct they will accept overseas residency addresses. Just about to sign up with one of them.