retiring to le marche?

retiring to le marche?

Old Jun 26th 2018, 11:48 am
Just Joined

DavidGary is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: retiring to le marche?

Originally Posted by DDP
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site, and wondered if anyone can give me some advice? I'm still working full time in UK but would love to retire soon (in the next 3-4 years) to Italy (Brexit permitting!). I imagine Le Marche might be a nice place to retire to - property not too expensive, not too cold, not too hot, no major cities etc. I'm going to visit for a week in late June, staying in Ascoli Piceno and hope to have a brief look around, travelling by train and buses. I haven't driven in Italy, would it be too scary on the country roads? I've visited Italy on many occasions but not Le Marche as the only plane options previously seemed to be Ryanair from Stanstead.
grateful for any advice or recommendations
many thanks
Ciao, we are David and Gary and just relocated to Le Marche from Bath, Uk. Are you here at the moment? We are not far from Ascoli Piceno so If you would like to have a chat we can tell you all about the area. PM us. Speak soon. David

Last edited by DavidGary; Jun 26th 2018 at 12:23 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2018, 10:50 am
DDP
Just Joined

DDP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: retiring to le marche?

hi Gary and David, nice to hear from you! I haven't been on here for a while..I spent a week in Ascoli Piceno from 27th June to 4th July. Loved it! Wonderful town with lovely people and so enjoyed all the flag competitions as pre-cursors to the Quintana in August. However, I did have several stressful moments with the local bus transports - I went down to San Benedetto but the bus ticket I bought to come back was not correct (I obviously didn't get the hang of it) but luckily the bus driver was very kind and let me stay on, back to AP. Also when I was coming back to the airport to fly home, the Aerobus at Ancona train station didn't turn up so I had to take a taxi at 40 euros! Would it have been easier to drive to AP? I wanted to get out to some of the villages but there didn't seem to be many buses and I was a bit concerned about being stranded, so I didn't manage to see as much of the area as i'd hoped. I did get to talk to an American lady who had lived in AP for 5 years, and also the owner of the Italian language school, who kindly invited me on a walk with some of her students. Unfortunatly I didn't take her up on it as it was my last day and I was a bit stressed about packing everything! sorry I'm not sure how to PM you.....
Old Jul 16th 2018, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DDP
hi Gary and David, nice to hear from you! I haven't been on here for a while..I spent a week in Ascoli Piceno from 27th June to 4th July. Loved it! Wonderful town with lovely people and so enjoyed all the flag competitions as pre-cursors to the Quintana in August. However, I did have several stressful moments with the local bus transports - I went down to San Benedetto but the bus ticket I bought to come back was not correct (I obviously didn't get the hang of it) but luckily the bus driver was very kind and let me stay on, back to AP. Also when I was coming back to the airport to fly home, the Aerobus at Ancona train station didn't turn up so I had to take a taxi at 40 euros! Would it have been easier to drive to AP? I wanted to get out to some of the villages but there didn't seem to be many buses and I was a bit concerned about being stranded, so I didn't manage to see as much of the area as i'd hoped. I did get to talk to an American lady who had lived in AP for 5 years, and also the owner of the Italian language school, who kindly invited me on a walk with some of her students. Unfortunatly I didn't take her up on it as it was my last day and I was a bit stressed about packing everything! sorry I'm not sure how to PM you.....
You can't PM anyone until they've posted three posts - I think it's meant to stop spammers or trolls - and Gary and David have only posted one. It's easily sorted though. If they reply thank you to your post and thank you to this that'll bring their total to three and you'll be able to PM them. To send a PM, click on the name of the person you want to send it to. To see if you've got a reply, log in then look under the "Welcome" at the top right of the screen.
Old Jul 16th 2018, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: retiring to le marche?

Originally Posted by Sancho
You can't PM anyone until they've posted three posts - I think it's meant to stop spammers or trolls - and Gary and David have only posted one. It's easily sorted though. If they reply thank you to your post and thank you to this that'll bring their total to three and you'll be able to PM them. To send a PM, click on the name of the person you want to send it to. To see if you've got a reply, log in then look under the "Welcome" at the top right of the screen.
Thank you for this Sancho :-)
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DDP
We are glad to hear back after your Italian adventure!