Reload this Page >

retired uk citizen applying for residency in Italy

retired uk citizen applying for residency in Italy

Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

DORI DOE is an unknown quantity at this point
Question retired uk citizen applying for residency in Italy

Hi all

Quick question for anyone who happens to be retired, receiving a uk pension and resident in Italy. As the comune wants to see proof of earnings before granting you residency which documents do you need to show them bank statements? P45? P60?

Thanks for any help

Dori Doe
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:32 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: retired uk citizen applying for residency in Italy

recent bank statements are usually sufficient but the comune should tell you what they specifically want to see.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Hi Lorna

The comune has been a bit vague they don't really know for certain what documents they want to see, they said a pension certificate would be useful. Do you have any idea what this certificate is, does it have a particular name and who issues it ?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

I've just phoned the pension service and they don't issue pension certificates so I'm stuck again. Can anyone who is on a uk pension and resident in Italy please let me know what documents they used to apply for residency?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:04 pm
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

I got my residency by showing pay statements as I'm not yet retired, can you not show some sort of statement that shows how much pension you earn issued by whoever you get your pension from?? or try bank statements showing a payment every month?? It is of course to prove you have an income, so try anything until they get satisfied..... Good luck
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:16 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

The rules for residency for members of the e.u are the same as for Italians so you should only have to sign an 'autocertificazione' of your income. Take along bank statements and anything that looks even vaguely offical chances are ,they won't know what they are looking at anyway.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:19 pm
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

Well said Rosalind, I think that's how I managed it, pure Bullsh*t.....
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

pansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nice

Hi take bank statements, You will also need an E121 form, they are normally more interested if you will have adequate health care cover. number to call 00441912811999. You could ask them to send a copy of what you are paid as a pension. Hope this helps.