Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

"Resident" to be or not to be?

"Resident" to be or not to be?

Old Mar 11th 2010, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: "Resident" to be or not to be?

Originally Posted by enterprise1999
So health care could be a prob and no crumpet........ Anything else before I put my villa up for sale?
Nope, we'll let you find out for yourself
Old Mar 12th 2010, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

enterprise1999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like fun and games in April.......

Last edited by enterprise1999; Mar 12th 2010 at 1:56 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by enterprise1999
Sounds like fun and games in April.......
Only bit of advice I can give: take it as it all comes and shout for help if need be!!

By the way, at our free language school we had a local doctor come and give a talk to us. The school is run by a Peruvian woman who came her in the 1970s as an illegal and stayed, got married and had kids and this is her way of giving something back... therefore the school is sympathetic to illegals and non residents. We found out from the doctor that there are centres called: I.S.I's (Informazione Saluti Imigrati) which are open to all Non-residents who find themselves here with health problems. I can't comment on the service but I would imagine that they would be used to dealing with all sorts of people (and the doctor reckoned it was strictly 'no questions asked') and all sorts of health problems. Might be worth checking out if there are any for the region you find yourself in. They are also well used to dealing with peeps who don't speak the lingo very well too!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:36 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Indie - I did a quick google and I think it is a Piemonte initiative not Italy wide unfortunately. Interesting though for that part of Italy....
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Indie - I did a quick google and I think it is a Piemonte initiative not Italy wide unfortunately. Interesting though for that part of Italy....
Ahhh I didn't realise that!! I assumed it was Italy wide. Perhaps it is to do with the amount of immigrants who come North looking for work?? I dunno really, but yes, not really very Piemontese...