Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Residency update

Residency update

Old Feb 12th 2010, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

casalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Residency update

I've lived here for a few years, but, ahem, never told anyone. We wanted to get a loan and the bank manager insists on me being resident, so I went to the Comune to apply. One of the forms I have to fill in is a dichiarazione del datore di lavoro. I passed it on to my company (started working for them 7 or 8 months ago) and they're not quite sure what to do with it. The form has to be signed by the employer who supposedly has to live in the same comune as me. I work from home and the italian office of my company is based in Milan. I do pay tax in Italy (lots of it!).

Anyone know how what I need to do?
Old Feb 12th 2010, 12:14 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by casalottian
I've lived here for a few years, but, ahem, never told anyone. We wanted to get a loan and the bank manager insists on me being resident, so I went to the Comune to apply. One of the forms I have to fill in is a dichiarazione del datore di lavoro. I passed it on to my company (started working for them 7 or 8 months ago) and they're not quite sure what to do with it. The form has to be signed by the employer who supposedly has to live in the same comune as me. I work from home and the italian office of my company is based in Milan. I do pay tax in Italy (lots of it!).

Anyone know how what I need to do?
Think the company should fill in the forms and sign them and provide a covering letter explaining your work circumstances. It shouldn't be a problem.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

casalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 37100
Think the company should fill in the forms and sign them and provide a covering letter explaining your work circumstances. It shouldn't be a problem.
I only deal with people in the UK and they don't seem to have a clue. Was just wondering if someone works for a company outside of their comune and had dealt with this before.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:42 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I only deal with people in the UK and they don't seem to have a clue. Was just wondering if someone works for a company outside of their comune and had dealt with this before.
When I used to have to go to the questura it was not in the same comune that I lived or worked in. I was never given any pre-printed forms though for work but I did need a letter from my boss.

He just got some company letter headed paper and wrote :

I such and such a person, owner and director of this company do declare that Miss such and such is employed on such a type of contract and is "in regola".

Could you not fill out the form yourself, fax it to someone for a signature and get it sent back here for your comune?
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Could you not fill out the form yourself, fax it to someone for a signature and get it sent back here for your comune?
I could, but it starts:

il/la sottoscritto/a ... nato/a a .... il ...e residente a Roma in Via ...
codice fiscale .... recapito telefonico....
in qualita' di legale rappresentante della societa' ... con sede legale in ....
via/piazza .... codice fiscale della societa'.... consapevole delle sanzioni...

There's a lot of unknowns for me to fill in there, and the first one is finding a legal representative of the company that lives in Rome!

Last edited by casalottian; Feb 12th 2010 at 4:51 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:51 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I could, but it starts:

in qualita' di legale rappresentante della societa' ... code sede legale in ....

There's a lot of unknowns for me to fill in there, and the first one is finding a legal representative of the company that lives in Rome!
Does the company have an Italian accountant? They should have all the legal Italian details
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Does the company have an Italian accountant? They should have all the legal Italian details
They must have. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll forward it to them.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:54 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

I could, but it starts:

in qualita' di legale rappresentante della societa' ... code sede legale in ....

Cross out Rome and put the town or re-do the letter on headed note paper if poss. It really is no big deal. The Milan office can do it for you. Anyone who signs company docs can sign it.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks.

I'd like to get it right first time as they said it normally takes 3 months to even get an appointment to apply for residency. After talking nicely to her she managed to give me an appointment in 2 weeks.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 5:17 pm
Concierge

Thanks.

I'd like to get it right first time as they said it normally takes 3 months to even get an appointment to apply for residency. After talking nicely to her she managed to give me an appointment in 2 weeks.
You're kidding - no, I know you're not. O.k. hubby is Italian , but when we applied for residency here, we just walked in. We had a slight problem that was a huge problem for the comune, but they got the dirigente and she spend a few hours sorting it out with us because even she was amazed at the trouble it was causing. She even did us an atto notarile for us in case of future problems. And all this with the attitude, 'all in a days work'. Anyway, good luck. Can only suggest you take every scrape of paper you have with you. Work contract/bank account/utility bills/rental etc in the hope that; 1. you don't need to go back or 2. they are overwhelmed by all you paperwork.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

My wife's italian too and it took her no time to get her residency back when she moved back from the UK. I think it's just us furriners that have the problem.

The next problem is that I'm applying for residence for a place that I no longer live. (It's a very long story!). Then when I get it, I'm supposed to transfer it to where I am now. Not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do about the carabinieri visit, but my wife assures me that's not going to be a problem... Hmm.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

DorothyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

We are just in process of taking up residency
The town hall here in Moncucco,Asti, wants translations of our birth and marriage certificates and a bank statement to prove that we have enough money to keep ourselves, so I think what you need varies with each town hall
We were told that the Codice Fiscale card will then be exchanged for one that includes free health cover
This can be used in UK just like the E111 when visiting
We then have to import our car which we brought with us,so much paper work but hopefully not too difficult(fingers crossed)
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Mine wants pay slips, letter from employer and they also wanted a translation of the marriage certificate. But that's too much hassle so my wife and I are just going to say we live together.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 7:26 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RomaGirl
Why was it sent to the Questura? I was given mine there and then. Paid my bollo she stamped the paper a few times, asked for an extra 62 cents and stuck on another bollo, and that was that. I didnt have to show a payslip either. I was told that everything was now
Picked mine up on Saturday morning. It wasn't taken to the Questura as I had originally thought but done there at the Comune. So my question is why I had to make a separate request costing €14,62 when in some other regions you make the application straightaway!
Old Feb 15th 2010, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by duffer
Picked mine up on Saturday morning. It wasn't taken to the Questura as I had originally thought but done there at the Comune. So my question is why I had to make a separate request costing €14,62 when in some other regions you make the application straightaway!
Your comune needed the extra 14 euro ?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.