Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Residency update

Residency update

Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Residency update

Originally Posted by 37100
We just booked an emergency appointment with the doc same as Lorna. Hubby was taken ill several times too and also had a stay in hospital. I offered the hospital our private insurance (came with hubby's job) but they weren't interested. I'm still in the system.
Thanks guys, although as I told 37100 when I saw her that my doctors sugery have struck us off now. I'm not bothered as they were worse than useless but I do worry about going home, going to the doc or hospital and then getting a bill from the NHS in the post!! We still pay NI there which annoys me too....
Old Oct 24th 2009, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
Thanks guys, although as I told 37100 when I saw her that my doctors sugery have struck us off now. I'm not bothered as they were worse than useless but I do worry about going home, going to the doc or hospital and then getting a bill from the NHS in the post!! We still pay NI there which annoys me too....
Why do you pay NI in the UK if you are resident in Italy?
Old Oct 24th 2009, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Margaret M
Why do you pay NI in the UK if you are resident in Italy?
Because my hubby is on secondment here with a British firm we kinda fall between the cracks for some things. He is still paying into his UK pension but we both want to keep our stamps going with NI too. Also, if we pay NI then we are still entitled to Child Benefit, we are not entitled to NHS benefit because we are not living there and because we signed up here for health care here, mainly because of the children really. The company are trying to do things on the cheap and are going to strip out our private health cover soon, so I'm glad we have done it this way. We needed residency to put the kids into school here among other things, but it ain't always been easy to try and keep things above board or understand the rules....
Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Indie, we are similar to you. OH on secondment, taxes paid in the UK. Last week I had my annual trip to ASL to renew our ASL cover with an E106 from the UK. It's been talked about on this forum before. Our ASL know what the E106 is, expect you to be resident in Italy and use it to reclaim whatever you cost them from the UK government. It is a wasted morning for me but it does mean that when the cold and flu season starts I don't have to have a spare hundred euros lying around for doctors fees (there is always more than one of us ill at a time)
Old Oct 30th 2009, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LivingHere
Indie, we are similar to you. OH on secondment, taxes paid in the UK. Last week I had my annual trip to ASL to renew our ASL cover with an E106 from the UK. It's been talked about on this forum before. Our ASL know what the E106 is, expect you to be resident in Italy and use it to reclaim whatever you cost them from the UK government. It is a wasted morning for me but it does mean that when the cold and flu season starts I don't have to have a spare hundred euros lying around for doctors fees (there is always more than one of us ill at a time)
Thanks for this LH. Yeah we are in the process of sorting this as we speak. Hopefully it will make things a bit clearer cut... they are stripping out the private health cover and paying the cost of private dental treatment. We have tried to tell them how much that'll be but they won't have it..... oh well they'll have to find out the hard way!!
Old Oct 30th 2009, 6:15 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
Thanks for this LH. Yeah we are in the process of sorting this as we speak. Hopefully it will make things a bit clearer cut... they are stripping out the private health cover and paying the cost of private dental treatment. We have tried to tell them how much that'll be but they won't have it..... oh well they'll have to find out the hard way!!
They're gonna get one hell of a shock. Get your kids some braces and they just might decide it might be cheaper to send you home with a pay rise as an incentive to go.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 37100
They're gonna get one hell of a shock. Get your kids some braces and they just might decide it might be cheaper to send you home with a pay rise as an incentive to go.
with braces I reckon I can get them to pay for half my new house!!
Old Oct 31st 2009, 3:11 pm
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

I applied last week I paid a lawyer 60 euros to go with me took out medical insurance , 500 Euro for a year, not bad I thought, my big fear is the police will never find my place, the street names are very fluid where I live and nobody can find me, the police asked me where my street is a week or so back, if it was not for owning a car they could shove residency , imagine if this applied in the uk, I am hanging around in the garden so I don't miss the residence police
Old Oct 31st 2009, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bricwood
I am hanging around in the garden so I don't miss the residence police
You could be there a while. It took the police a month to come to us, and I have heard of others taking longer.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 6:06 pm
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

Italians have never heard of this residency to own a car, a man round the corner
from me says his mate is a fiat dealer and can get me a car, not sure what to think, a fiat is better than nothing
Old Nov 1st 2009, 6:57 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

I know of Brits here who managed to buy a car without Residency.
About health insurance, we never had to provide it cos we got E106 which was accepted, and, we are still waiting for a "visit" 21/2 years later. It seems it dependi where you are in Italy & what your Commune is like. Some are jobsworths and want to offer no help and some are lovely and can't give enough....Rules and regs change so quickly in Italy that it takes some keeping up with the newest rule going, and I can imagine it's quite hard for them to keep up.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 8:44 am
Banned

the reason I need to hang around in the garden is the people who installed the burglar alarm somehow stopped the door bell working, I had originally decided to use all local people but am thinking again, everyone seems even more incompetent than England, I get the impression they think English are to be mugged, had some bad experiences already in 2 months and am looking at things in a new light, took out the medical insurance in the hope there is no excuse to refuse me, painter coming from England in the spring, big problem is car hire is costing a fortune, no choice , cant walk down the street with a bombola on my back!
Old Nov 1st 2009, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Do I remember you being in Puglia Bricwood? If you are anywhere near us I can put you in contact with English plumber and electrician. We wanted to use all local labour too, but got ripped of. PM me if you are interested?
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:27 pm
Banned

I had the residence police come round, does that mean its going through? can you still get turned down? Its a couple of weeks since the visit
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:35 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bricwood
I had the residence police come round, does that mean its going through? can you still get turned down? Its a couple of weeks since the visit
Hi, don't expect the comune to send you a certificate or anything.

If you want to check just walk into your anagrafe office in the comune with your passport (for ID), two passport sized photos and ask for an identity card.
The comune does them there and then.
If you get one you can consider yourself an official resident of that comune.
Don't be surprised if it has an ink stamp on the back of it that says "non valido per l'espatrio". It means you cannot use your Italian identity card as a travel document outside Italy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.