Reload this Page >

Residency and police certificate and criminal record

Residency and police certificate and criminal record

Old Jul 26th 2022, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

fenman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Residency and police certificate and criminal record

Hi,

I would like to apply for elective residency however I wanted to know if it would be necessary to produce a UK police certificate when applying for said residence. I have a minor spent conviction for which I received a fine on my criminal record however this is still a conviction that shows on my police certificate.
To apply for residency I need to sign a lease but I don't want to commit myself to a lease, pay a deposit and then be told I cannot become a resident due to my uk police certificate record.

Regards
Old Jul 26th 2022, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency and police certificate and criminal record

Originally Posted by fenman
Hi,

I would like to apply for elective residency however I wanted to know if it would be necessary to produce a UK police certificate when applying for said residence. I have a minor spent conviction for which I received a fine on my criminal record however this is still a conviction that shows on my police certificate.
To apply for residency I need to sign a lease but I don't want to commit myself to a lease, pay a deposit and then be told I cannot become a resident due to my uk police certificate record.

Regards
Have you been told that you need a police certificate? They mainly want proof of your income to live in Italy without working. I think you should find out exactly what income they currently want before you start signing any lease agreements.

Last edited by philat98; Jul 26th 2022 at 4:03 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2022, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Yes income is not an issue.
However I know these comuni apply their own rules so I just wanted to hear whether people had been asked for a pcn certificate. I know they do in Spain.
Old Jul 26th 2022, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes income is not an issue.
However I know these comuni apply their own rules so I just wanted to hear whether people had been asked for a pcn certificate. I know they do in Spain.
Elective Residency is applied for in the Italian Embassy of your home country. Not the comune when you arrive in Italy.
Old Jul 26th 2022, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute

We're back to that question about the meaning of the word 'residency' again.

​​​​​ I think that there are now 3 steps for the elective residency route.

1. Apply for an elective residency permit before you leave the UK 2. Once you have the above, come to Italy and apply for permesso di soggiorno from the questura
3. Once you have the above, go to your comune and register as resident

​​​​​So I think the question of what rules each individual comune applies is still relevant (at step 3).

Personally I wasn't asked for any evidence in relation to convictions
Old Jul 26th 2022, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

My issue isn't about being honest about the conviction, happy to declare it and produce all the evidence if asked.
I just don't want to sign a lease and buy health insurance only to be told my application is to be turned down because of said conviction.
Old Jul 27th 2022, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

You need the police certificate to apply for citizenship, I have never heard of anyone being asked to produce one for residency.
Old Jul 27th 2022, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by modicasa
You need the police certificate to apply for citizenship, I have never heard of anyone being asked to produce one for residency.
According to this they could ask for a police certificate.
Old Jul 27th 2022, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

https://www.cinformi.it/Informazioni...denza-elettiva

This one does not.
Old Jul 27th 2022, 7:26 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Neither does this page from the Consolato Generale D'Italia. It makes no mention of health insurance either. It does mention a one way travel booking and a reason for wanting to move to Italy.

Elective residence
Old Jul 27th 2022, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

So you need a Visa first of all,for you an elective residency which you apply for in the UK or in country where you are living ,then you go and queue up at the Questura for your Permesso di Soggiorno then once you have that you go to your local Commune and apply to be added to the list of residents.Do not be surprised if you get a Polizia Locale visit to your home
As C2s says it is the word "resident" that gets people in a twist

Tip-Do not queue up in the "Dancing Girls" line
Old Jul 27th 2022, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

It looks like Salvini will be Minister of the Interior again in October. Last time he was in control he created a few annoying and costly obstacles for foreign residents. It might be a good idea to get on now with any applications.
Old Jul 27th 2022, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by philat98
It looks like Salvini will be Minister of the Interior again in October. Last time he was in control he created a few annoying and costly obstacles for foreign residents. It might be a good idea to get on now with any applications.
you make a good point but I won't be ready by October.

if it is such a palaver I'll choose somewhere with less tape; with this carry on they will keep losing foreign investment.

Having said this, it is not Salvini's fault if Brexit has taken place.....

The fun bit will be the Etias visas, as no EU country has the same approach regarding convictions......you will have people with spent drink driving convictions banned from holidaying say in Italy but allowed to enter Lithuania....

Last edited by fenman; Jul 27th 2022 at 11:29 am.
Old Jul 27th 2022, 8:43 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Listen Very Carefully

Tip-Do not queue up in the "Dancing Girls" line

We have a queue of dancing girls? Where?
Old Jul 30th 2022, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

if it is such a palaver I'll choose somewhere with less tape; with this carry on they will keep losing foreign investment.
Good decision: the red tape and bureaucracy in Italy is stifling, frequently uncertain and time-consuming.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.