Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Residency - looks like a bit of a minefield?

Residency - looks like a bit of a minefield?

Old Aug 28th 2014, 2:14 pm
Banned

NEWCOMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Residency - looks like a bit of a minefield?

Originally Posted by Ale vicenza
The best lake for watersport is Garda then. Not familiar with cities around it as 4 us it is easy to spend just the week end over there.... But please do bare in mind winter is coming and it will cold and foggy around the lake. Perharps look into soave or san bonifacio. not sure how the local schools are, but i am pretty sure those areas are quite therefore schools should be good. Small villages will have good schools but might take longer to settle into the communities......

Lake Como (northern) part is also very good for water sports. We have a top yacht club in Como.
Garda is too tourist for me... so hence I chose Lake Como, more Italian and more homely (a place to live without too many tourists).
Old Aug 28th 2014, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

gioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NEWCOMO
Lake Como (northern) part is also very good for water sports. We have a top yacht club in Como.
Garda is too tourist for me... so hence I chose Lake Como, more Italian and more homely (a place to live without too many tourists).
Don't get me started. If I was filthy rich I'd buy a house between Menaggio and Porlezza, so that you can see both lakes Como and Lugano.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Casa dei Fiori is an unknown quantity at this point

Check also the region Piemonte, the area of Gabiano is a very nice place to life. The Airports of Torino Caselle, Milano Malpensa and Genua are near. In 1 hour you'll on the coast and also in the Aosta Valley for skiing. Because the region of Piemonte is one of the major industrial zones of italy, the schools have a higher level than in the south. You'll find good public school and international schools. If you need more informations send me a PM.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 7:37 pm
Banned

NEWCOMO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gioppino
Don't get me started. If I was filthy rich I'd buy a house between Menaggio and Porlezza, so that you can see both lakes Como and Lugano.
So why NL ?

Is it the food and wine ? or the mountains?