Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Residency/iscrizione anagrafica (stay longer than 3 months)

Residency/iscrizione anagrafica (stay longer than 3 months)

Old Jun 25th 2018, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency/iscrizione anagrafica (stay longer than 3 months)

Originally Posted by a_grz_vr
Can you tell me what assicurazione volontaria is? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet in the advice I've been reading.
Thanks again
It is the ability to buy into the SSN, as mentioned in Post #2. As said there, not all regions allow this.

Hi 37100,
Well I'm seeing now they omitted something quite important...how it's seeming now is that it's an EU passport with 7,000/8,000 euros (because a) you might not get a work contract if you find work and b) you need to pay one month's rent + two rent deposits, THEN go to the comune with 6,000 euros).
Though you could always get / print out a bank statement before you pay rent and deposits! Time to start thinking like an Italian.

Hello,
In the end I managed to find a figure on the COMUNE DI MILANO site. And as you predicted, it DOES differ

2. Cittadino titolare di risorse economiche sufficienti al soggiorno (non lavoratore)
Documentazione da presentare:
2) autodichiarazione del possesso di risorse economiche sufficienti per non diventare un onere a carico dell’assistenza sociale dello Stato. La somma di riferimento corrisponde all’importo dell'assegno sociale che, per il 2012 è di euro 5.577,00 lordi annui. Ai fini dell' iscrizione anagrafica è valutata anche la situazione complessiva personale dell'interessato;*

It's in one of the attachments/PDFs ("allegati" section): "Dichiarazione di residenza – Allegato B: documentazione necessaria per l’iscrizione anagrafica di cittadini di Stati appartenenti all’Unione Europea".
(Just in case anyone else is looking for it, too).
It shouldn't differ - as it says the amount is that of the assegno sociale - which changes (almost) every year. They quote the 2012 figure as a ballpark figure, to save themselves having to update the website every time it changes.