Reload this Page >

residency and health insurance italy

Wikiposts

residency and health insurance italy

Old May 23rd 2013, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

vasumatiprem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default residency and health insurance italy

Hi Everyone, i m new to the forum and have recently moved to live in Italy, have a british passport.

Here is my question: I am married to an Italian American who is also an Italian citizen .
He is learning Italian now, we both are.
I would like to get two things
1. residency not citizenship and
2. like to get into the health system here
does anyone know how this works
I am also willing to buy into the health system.

I live in SanCasciano val di pesa just outside Florence and this is our commune.
any help welcome.
sharon
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:18 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: residency and health insurance italy

Originally Posted by vasumatiprem
Hi Everyone, i m new to the forum and have recently moved to live in Italy, have a british passport.

Here is my question: I am married to an Italian American who is also an Italian citizen .
He is learning Italian now, we both are.
I would like to get two things
1. residency not citizenship and
2. like to get into the health system here
does anyone know how this works
I am also willing to buy into the health system.

I live in SanCasciano val di pesa just outside Florence and this is our commune.
any help welcome.
sharon
As an Italian, your husband is entitled to healthcare once he has applied for residency. The benefit is also extended to you. I'm not sure, but you will probably need your EU passport along with birth and marriage certificates (translated).
Old May 27th 2013, 3:17 am
Just Joined

AnotherOther is an unknown quantity at this point

From experience ... when you register with a family doctor the local authorities will contact the UK National Health to make sure you've paid your NI in the UK. If that's all fine, you are entitled to health care.
Old May 27th 2013, 3:32 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnotherOther
From experience ... when you register with a family doctor the local authorities will contact the UK National Health to make sure you've paid your NI in the UK. If that's all fine, you are entitled to health care.
The OP's husband is Italian. He's entitled to health coverage in Italy on that basis and it also covers the OP. No need for UK NI payments.

Last edited by 37100; May 27th 2013 at 3:36 am.
Old May 27th 2013, 3:36 am
Just Joined

AnotherOther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 37100
The OP is Italian. He's entitled to health coverage in Italy on that basis.
Oh ... it says he has a British passport.
Old May 27th 2013, 3:37 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by AnotherOther
Oh ... it says he has a British passport.
Sorry, our posts crossed. I inserted OP's 'husband'.