Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Reporting visitors from abroad to the questura

Reporting visitors from abroad to the questura

Old Apr 27th 2022, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reporting visitors from abroad to the questura

Originally Posted by C.2s

Btw on the heating temperature thing (see above posts). It applies more if you live in a block of flats with a central shared boiler. The caretaker or management group will set the boiler to switch on and off according to the rules in each region
Yes it really applies to riscaldamento condominiale. Good thing summer is arriving with Italy reducing Russian gas imports.
Old Apr 27th 2022, 8:19 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww guys stop already! ;-)

I have visitors arriving tomorrow and was thinking I wouldn't bother to register their presence... but reading this thread my masochistic side feels like going down to the local police station (or should I go to the questura) and wave a completed form at the police just to see what happens! I know it could open a can of worms but it's like a scab that I can't help picking at!

Btw on the heating temperature thing (see above posts). It applies more if you live in a block of flats with a central shared boiler. The caretaker or management group will set the boiler to switch on and off according to the rules in each region
How long are they staying for? It's not the questura anyway. I'm kind of curious too and tempted to ring up my local Carabinieri and ask them if I have to fill out visitor forms but, I don't want to put myself in the limelight and nobody ever gave a shit before despite knowing full well who I am and who my kids are in this tinpot village. My daughter is mates with the Carb chief's son. The chief drank tea at my kitchen table when the bullies sent Alex to hospital and last year the Polizia Locale knocked on my front door looking for Alex so they know us too. They were very quick to reassure me he wasn't in any trouble but they needed him as a witness and I had to go to the station with him as he wasn't 18 yet. He'd been witness to some lads knocking about a bus conductor. The police set out a bunch of photographs from the bus CCTV to see which rotten bastards Alex could identify. Me and my big gob couldn't help blurting out: "Jesus Christ Alex! It's a good job you're not in trouble because you're the only blonde lad on the bus. You stick out a mile!" The policeman laughed and said, "mum's right. Listen to mum and stay out of trouble. We know you tried to get some of the lads to calm down because the bus driver has already seen these photos and told us that you behaved well and weren't any part of the trouble."
Old Apr 28th 2022, 10:46 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww guys stop already! ;-)

I have visitors arriving tomorrow and was thinking I wouldn't bother to register their presence... but reading this thread my masochistic side feels like going down to the local police station (or should I go to the questura) and wave a completed form at the police just to see what happens! I know it could open a can of worms but it's like a scab that I can't help picking at!

It applies to everyone though. Not just condo's. Even in condo's apartments often have individual heating and in blocks all apartments should now all have individual valves to regulate the temperature. It's just easier for individuals to 'evade' the rules. Doesn't matter though because no one ever checks.
We have teleriscaldamento. One central boiler x zone. No limit on the number of hours. The company supplies heating 24 hrs a day. Our condo had to battle to get it turned off at night because it's not in the company's interest as they have to run the system 24/7. They can't just turn it off. However, forking out for unwanted heating is wrong on so many levels.
Old Apr 28th 2022, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
It applies to everyone though. Not just condo's. Even in condo's apartments often have individual heating and in blocks all apartments should now all have individual valves to regulate the temperature. It's just easier for individuals to 'evade' the rules. Doesn't matter though because no one ever checks.
We have teleriscaldamento. One central boiler x zone. No limit on the number of hours. The company supplies heating 24 hrs a day. Our condo had to battle to get it turned off at night because it's not in the company's interest as they have to run the system 24/7. They can't just turn it off. However, forking out for unwanted heating is wrong on so many levels.
These condos are a nightmare. When repairs are needed most people refuse to pay. They dont even pay the management fee if they can get away with. I imagine it is the same with the heating bill.

Old Apr 28th 2022, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

sounds like you have more than your fare share of thugs there! Poor you !
Old Jul 7th 2022, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Solarcower is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, didn't update this. Hope it's OK to do so so long afterwards.
I completed the same form that Lorna linked on page one. Sent it from my PEC. Zero response at all. I thought it best to do it as my parents have health problems and I didn't want there to be any comeback in they had to go to hospital or whatever. If anyone does choose to do it, sending it from the PEC was much easier than the Post Office malarkey they wanted.
Old Jul 8th 2022, 7:25 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Solarcower
Sorry, didn't update this. Hope it's OK to do so so long afterwards.
I completed the same form that Lorna linked on page one. Sent it from my PEC. Zero response at all. I thought it best to do it as my parents have health problems and I didn't want there to be any comeback in they had to go to hospital or whatever. If anyone does choose to do it, sending it from the PEC was much easier than the Post Office malarkey they wanted.
Well, you did the right thing and although you didn't get any reply to your email, nobody came knocking on your door either. My sister arrives on Monday but she's coming on her Irish passport. I wouldn't have remembered this rule even if she were travelling on her British one. Hope your parents enjoyed themselves.
Old Jul 13th 2022, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Just to fill in on the law about declaring visitors. This dates from March 1978 when Aldo Moro was kidnapped by the Red Brigades (and subsequently murdered). The government introduced an Anti-Terrorism Law, the idea being that terrorists could only stay with their friends because anyone else would report their presence... and the police knew where their friends lived! I don't think this achieved very much and after a short while no one cared about it any more, least of all the police. The result is that if you have a long-term sharing situation you should report the presence of the person to the Ufficio Alloggi of the Questura or of your local police station, because if that person then commits an offence (e.g. terrorism, drugs) you can get into big trouble for harbouring a criminal. This is particularly so if the person is a foreigner.
On the other hand, if you're just putting up friends or relatives on holiday the police won't want to know - you'll get waved away as someone said earlier.

Hospitalisation: I don't think anyone will say anything about patients not having been declared - a far more important question is whether they're covered for medical treatrment.

Last edited by jonwel; Jul 13th 2022 at 10:23 am.
Old Jul 13th 2022, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jonwel
Just to fill in on the law about declaring visitors. This dates from March 1978 when Aldo Moro was kidnapped by the Red Brigades (and subsequently murdered). The government introduced an Anti-Terrorism Law, the idea being that terrorists could only stay with their friends because anyone else would report their presence... and the police knew where their friends lived! .
Was that when the police started to stop cars at random?
Old Jul 28th 2022, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Sorry, only just seen your question! I don't really know the answer but I think it's likely to be older than the Anti-Terrorism law.