Reload this Page >

Renzi and the Planks

Renzi and the Planks

Old Jul 14th 2014, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

ciquta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renzi and the Planks

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Nobody would work in black if they didnt have to, its the employers who insist on it, not the workers.
In some parts of EUROPE there's a low respect for the rules overall (from both workers and employers, rich people and poors, beautiful and ugly and so on...); from little things like smoke policy, car driving, all the way up to the work enviroment.

No wonder if they have more problems when it came to obtain respect for their rights.

Maybe it's a chicken/egg situation as you suggest, but the only way to get out is to stick more on the rules.

Last edited by ciquta; Jul 14th 2014 at 10:57 am.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 12:01 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Some people don't take black money to avoid taxes - they take it to survive.

The very people who can afford taxes and bloody well should be paying them are the first ones to propose a lower fattura and a cash supplement .... dentists, notaio, window companies etc.
You are forgetting doctors, Lorna. In my experience, number one 'vuole la fattura' culprits.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

gioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ciquta
Gioppino,what remark did "deeply" offend you?!?
I was just winding you up, you polentone!

Originally Posted by highlander1
=== broken quote ===
You haven't learned how to quote yet.

@sunny, I was just teasing you, however I think you're a bit of the type: "I am absolutely not racist, but..."
Old Jul 15th 2014, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

sunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry gioppino but I have re-read your original post and I don't find it possible to see it as some sort of light tease. It hurled several charges which I responded to.

I note that you also reckon you've been winding up ciquta and also hurled a charge about his possible move to the UK, but how that is received is really up to ciquta.

>> however I think you're a bit of the type: "I am absolutely not racist, but..."

I'll take that as a wind-up and ignore.

Respect to ciquta. I don't always necessarily agree with what he posts but the posts seem straight and sincerely meant. Best of luck with the decision on the move or not.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ciquta
I totally agree about the scandal of the people getting the retirement before the 60s. In the 80s you could still get retirement well before 50, I know many people who did.
Thanks god (and Monti) this has changed now, we still have this debit to pay, but a retirement law by european standards.

I disagree about all the rest: unless you have disability you can't live all your life without working or working partially and demand to have a reasonable quality life (plus healthcare?).
Who has to pay that and how?
What do you get in UK after 30years of duties?
Is that enough to live there, pay rent and afford a good health care?
It is not only pension, like most N European countries there are other payments and benefits which mean that even the young unemployed yet to find work receive something.
I guess you would opt for sterilisation at age 16 for the unemployed and euthanasia for the over 50s.
As for who has to pay, you do!!
Italy is one of the few countries in the world with a 3 tier legal system.
1. The rich can do what they like and rarely get caught and even then will probably only have to pay a 10% sanction and keep the rest.
2. The politicians can steal, rarely get caught don't get sacked and get a 30% sanction.
3. The poor man steals a can of tomatoes because he is hungry, he is arrested, locked up, receives a large fine, costs and small prison sentence.
Why can't he just pay a 30% sanction like the politician and carry on with his life, ie 70cents (the can of tomatoes) plus 30% like the Piemontese politicians yesterday.
M

Last edited by Maybe1day; Jul 15th 2014 at 7:58 am.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 8:01 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
I guess you would opt for sterilisation at age 16 for the unemployed and euthanasia for the over 50s..
what a ridiculous assertion to make - totally uncalled for, you should apologise for that comment imho
Old Jul 15th 2014, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
what a ridiculous assertion to make - totally uncalled for, you should apologise for that comment imho
Old Jul 15th 2014, 5:31 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Okay okay okay. I am back. I have not read all the thread yet. I have seen one mixed up quote that "pretends to be me" and is wrong. I don't yet know how much else is wrong. I'll get to grips with things in the next few days.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 6:12 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Okay okay okay. I am back. I have not read all the thread yet. I have seen one mixed up quote that "pretends to be me" and is wrong. I don't yet know how much else is wrong. I'll get to grips with things in the next few days.
Welcome back
Old Jul 16th 2014, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

sunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
I'd cut maybe1day some serious slack.

Some things quite naturally make folks angry.

Looking at things/following things from outside there seems, very unfortunately, to be an awful lot of truth in Maybe1day's numbered points. I very often find it difficult to see anything resembling a rule of law, despite "la legge e uguale per tutti", most often seen by sharp-eyed foreigners as they watch the latest grinding round in some interminable legal process.

As maybe1day reasonably points out it is extremely difficult to see any equality of outcome.

Shed loads of the lawyers (not saying all of course) and the politicians (not saying all of course but many politician are I think lawyers) seem to me to be like the priests of yore - sucking tithes from the population, offering salvation (though in this world not the next) if you keep in with them/suck up to them/get an "in" through them to use that awful phase/word/find a clever enough one. And you better keep sucking up to them for God/the system works in mysterious ways and they cannot of course guarantee that you will have grovelled enough to produce even a faint result.

Am aware that I have gone off on one a bit but I do find the legal process a real problem. As do, I think, a lot of foreign investors.

So, in my view, some fair points maybe1day
Old Jul 16th 2014, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

But as 99% of the people can do absolutely nothing about it, why waste time and energy going on about it. Just coming on a forum to slag off everything and everybody seems a huge waste of time for all concerned. If you dont like Italy, or don't have a postive contribution to make to the forum go elsewhere, stay at home, do patchwork, clean your oven - anything, but stop moaning, and coming out with half baked truths. Quanto mi scoccia

Last edited by modicasa; Jul 16th 2014 at 6:10 am.
Old Jul 16th 2014, 6:46 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to make a start on reading this thread today, but I quickly changed my mind and I'm going back to bed instead. Behave yourselves until the will to live returns to me.
Old Jul 16th 2014, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to make a start on reading this thread today, but I quickly changed my mind and I'm going back to bed instead. Behave yourselves until the will to live returns to me.
Quite right too ! I shall follow your example.
Old Jul 16th 2014, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

I did 30+ yrs in Italy and still go there regularly but what really bugs me is the total complacency and the conviction that the social system is the dog's Bs. I used to say to my cognato that if the law said that the mayor had the first night with the new bride, it would be accepted with just a murmur of dissent.
M
Ritorno alla mia coma profonda.