Reload this Page >

Rent to Buy housing deal

Rent to Buy housing deal

Old Jan 16th 2015, 9:33 am
Account Closed

Beasty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rent to Buy housing deal

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can give me a little guidance here.

I found a house and want to do rent to buy, the agent told me this is possible, i know the house has been on the market for over 1 year and was previously advertised for rent (Which is why rent to buy might work)

I cannot find the rental amount anywhere.

I am looking for a ready reckoner for rent i.e.

200.000 sale value is approx X rental
etc

Also, any idea how flexible sellers are on price? v the uk

I know the property is an inherited one and I get the impression that the children 3 of them, have no interest and perhaps no funds to maintain the place.

Thanks
Old Jan 16th 2015, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rent to Buy housing deal

Rental depends on where it is, how big and so on. Italy is new to rent to buy - and its not without its dangers to seller and buyer - so its very important that your contract is absolutley watertight. Calculations include how long you want to rent for before buying outright - all of which is better to have in advance.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

ok i get that part, but

200.000 home for sale
presumably has a known rental

If sale value is x rental value would normally be y

I could do a rough approximation for edinburgh

if sale value is 100,000 rental value is approx 550pcm
Old Jan 18th 2015, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

a 200.000 home in London would be a bedsit with a rent of 1000 to 2000pcm depending on the area, very different from Newcastle. The same applies in Italy. Supply and demand. And in ITaly there is which tpe of rental, which contract and which tax bracket.
Why dont you check on soloaffitti and see what comparable properties in the area are asking.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 9:30 am
Account Closed

You are missing the point

a 100.000 house has a value of 100.000
a 100.000 house normaly rents for the same, regardless if it is a palace on the orkney islands or a room in london, the value is 100.000

Standard rental contract, the point is so i can establish the NORMAL or approx normal rent for such a property and then negotiate the excess as payments towards the capital value during the rental period

I thought the question was simple

If a property is valued at 200.000 how much would it be expected to rent for? VALUE 200.000
Old Jan 18th 2015, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beasty
You are missing the point

a 100.000 house has a value of 100.000
a 100.000 house normaly rents for the same, regardless if it is a palace on the orkney islands or a room in london, the value is 100.000

Standard rental contract, the point is so i can establish the NORMAL or approx normal rent for such a property and then negotiate the excess as payments towards the capital value during the rental period

I thought the question was simple

If a property is valued at 200.000 how much would it be expected to rent for? VALUE 200.000
If you are looking at property investment in Italy based on UK return on investment you are going to get your fingers seriously burnt.

For a starter while there is a value for a property based on x amount x sq mt for a particular area it doesn't mean the seller will accept that. Italians don't see properties as a quick way of making money they see it is a long long term investment. If a property has been for sale for a year that's nothing over here unless the owners are in desperate need (either under repossession threat or serious medical/financial difficulties met only 1 in 7 years that will fit in these categories)

Usually vendors will attach a sentimental value to a property (ie it was grandma/pa, parents etc place) and decide the amount they want and will stick to it no matter how long it takes to sell at that price. One woman near me had her place up for sale for 7 years before she sold it.

Rental:

You have

1)holiday rental so mainly seasonal
2) short term rental contratto transitorio
3) long term rental 4+4

there are other types of contract but the above would be the most common I am sure Modicasa can explain in more details about all type of rental contracts althought some like holiday rental can vary from region to region

I have seen ROI quoted between 3&5% so nothing like the UK and good luck to you if you have to evict someone if they don't pay rent especially if they have children.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 3:53 pm
Account Closed

I am sure i am speaking english, the question is

IF a property has a value of 100.00 how much would be the approx rental value? I am only looking for a ready reckoner type figure

That is all i want to know! I was just expecting a number! not information about Buy to let investments, mortgage types or the cost of bedsit in london

Apparently easy answers to easy questions are not just an italian issue

What has holiday rental got to do with rent to buy??!

Last edited by Beasty; Jan 18th 2015 at 4:03 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure i am speaking english, the question is

IF a property has a value of 100.00 how much would be the approx rental value? I am only looking for a ready reckoner type figure

That is all i want to know! I was just expecting a number! not information about Buy to let investments, mortgage types or the cost of bedsit in london

Apparently easy answers to easy questions are not just an italian issue

What has holiday rental got to do with rent to buy??!
I say Beasty, have you not twigged yet that the question you are asking doesn't have a simple answer in Italy. Why draw a simple straight line from A to B, when you can design a pretty arabesque?
bye bye dicette l'inglese
Old Jan 18th 2015, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

It clearly does have a simple answer

If i ask normal people this they say, well it would be around then state a number!

Is everyone here a former politician or on medication

Its simple economices houses with an advertised value of x have a rental of approx y

Seriously, read the original post, useful might have been i would expect about yadayada number.. not talking about frikkin bedsits in london and the ROI for buy to let.. seriously!
Old Jan 18th 2015, 5:43 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

It clearly does have a simple answer

If i ask normal people this they say, well it would be around then state a number!

Is everyone here a former politician or on medication

Its simple economices houses with an advertised value of x have a rental of approx y

Seriously, read the original post, useful might have been i would expect about yadayada number.. not talking about frikkin bedsits in london and the ROI for buy to let.. seriously!
Well, I've read your original post and the replies and no, there is not a simple answer. A €100,000 doesn't have the same rental value regardless of where it is in Italy. Rental value depends on a lot of things from the type of contract to whether its a university town to the whim of the owner. You will see many empty properties and newcomers to Italy often assume its because they are unsellable. Well, that's not the case. Owners will leave the properties empty by choice and often rent or sell only to someone they like. So, again, as all the others have said, there is no standard rentable value.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

Seems like people are being intentionally obtuse

Its pretty damn easy to say

I live in yada yada and would expect around x euro

I give up..

Enjoy your clever replies, I am sure you all feel very intellectual as this appears to be the common goal

bye
Old Jan 18th 2015, 6:19 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, as you know best, figure it out for yourself. Rudeness won't change peoples answers.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Beasty, you have never told where in ITaly you are thinking of renting to buy - nobody can help you.
Do you really think that a 100.000 place in Acrireale would get the same in rent as a 100.000 place in milan? That Caltanisetta has a rental market equilavent to Bologna?
Treating people with such arrogance just means you will be ignored.

Last edited by modicasa; Jan 19th 2015 at 5:32 am.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 7:38 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by modicasa
Beasty, you have never told where in ITaly you are thinking of renting to buy - nobody can help you.
Do you really think that a 100.000 place in Acrireale would get the same in rent as a 100.000 place in milan? That Caltanisetta has a rental market equilavent to Bologna?
Treating people with such arrogance just means you will be ignored.
2 flats are rented out in our building. Same size and state. Top floor and the floor under. Top floor rents for €850. Flat under, €1,150.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 7:42 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Beasty,

if you want an example (that as others have cautioned is not transferable to other areas in Italy or other bits of Rome for that matter) then I can tell you that the apartment in the Garbatella that I rent costs 1800 euros per month. Moreover, similar apartments in my building have sold for circa €450 000 recently.

Therefore, doing the sum you want means that your 100 000 is, theoretically, worth €400 per month in the Garbatella (if you could buy anything other than a very tiny studio or a box auto for 100 000 in the Garbatella that is).

I am not sure that my answer contains anything that is actually useful to you but it seems to be the question you want answered.

People are not being obtuse they are trying to help you develop a question that is more relevant - have a read through the thread as people are giving you good advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.