Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Renewing a tessera sanitaria?

Renewing a tessera sanitaria?

Old Aug 28th 2019, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Renewing a tessera sanitaria?

Our expired in October 2017. Our circumstances have not changed. Is it a straightforward procedure to renew them? At the ASL office?
Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 2:23 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing a tessera sanitaria?

Originally Posted by Pica
Our expired in October 2017. Our circumstances have not changed. Is it a straightforward procedure to renew them? At the ASL office?
Thanks in advance.
The plastic or the paper one?
Old Aug 28th 2019, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Plastic
Old Aug 28th 2019, 6:09 pm
Jpk
Just Joined

Jpk is a jewel in the roughJpk is a jewel in the roughJpk is a jewel in the roughJpk is a jewel in the rough

Plastic
That is odd. Did it not come trough the post? Mine - before I left for Uk - came trough the post.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jpk
That is odd. Did it not come trough the post? Mine - before I left for Uk - came trough the post.
We haven't received renewals through the post automatically. I think you have to go back to the office to apply.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

We applied for new ones before Christmas and were given a printout of what would be the new Tessera. So far the new one hasn't arrived.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 11:34 am
Jpk
Just Joined

Jpk is a jewel in the roughJpk is a jewel in the roughJpk is a jewel in the roughJpk is a jewel in the rough

We haven't received renewals through the post automatically. I think you have to go back to the office to apply.
I think that is your best bet. Give it a try. What perplexed me though is that I received it automatically, i.e no application. It so frustrating how things work in Italy sometimes.

I have moved to England (from ita, naples) and it is still hard to explain to people that most things in Italy require 3x the normal effort.
Old Sep 16th 2019, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of

Pica, I don't know your circumstances, do you work? I'm self-employed and they will only issue me a tessera for 1 year at a time, at which point I have to go to the ASL office and renew it. It's simple enough, I usually take my ID card, my residence certificate and then I have to fill out a dichiarazione sostitutiva to declare that I'm self-employed and have a partita IVA. If I had a "proper" job, I'd need a copy of my contract of employment. Anyway, this seems to satisfy them and I go on my merry way with a piece of paper to use in the interim until my new tessera arrives in the mail from Rome.

This year should be the last year I have to make an annual renewal, as I hope (Brexit-dependent....) that I'll be able to get a 5-year card from my 5th year of residence onwards.
Old Sep 16th 2019, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi George,
No I don't work, we are both pensioners -both private and just myself also state.
I was frowned upon for letting my TS go out of date by 2 years. But I presented the official with an S1 authorised and stamped by our local comune and after a lengthy perusal thay accepted my right to be issued a new one. My partner however was refused a replacement (because it's mysteriously disappeared) until he can present his S1 in November- again Brexit dependant. The S1 also granted us permanent residency (whatever that means?) by our comune after having lived here 9 years now.
Old Sep 16th 2019, 11:00 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Mine has always come through the post without me even realising that the other one was about to expire. I lost it some time back and applied for a replacement using the Agenzia Delle Entrate website. It has a new number and a longer scadenza than the lost one (which I found - compared dates and then cut it up).

Old Sep 16th 2019, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of

Glad you got sorted Pica. Sounds relatively painless, all things considered.
Old Sep 16th 2019, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is due for renewal in February. It will be curious to see what happens at the ASL office post Brexit.
Old Sep 16th 2019, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by philat98
Mine is due for renewal in February. It will be curious to see what happens at the ASL office post Brexit.
I guess you have private health insurance?
Old Sep 16th 2019, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you have private health insurance?
No I have a Tessera Sanitaria through self employment. The ASL offer quite a few things like eye and dental checks as well as health screening. Dont you ever make use of your card?

Last edited by philat98; Sep 16th 2019 at 5:38 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2019, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by philat98
No I have a Tessera Sanitaria through self employment. The ASL offer quite a few things like eye and dental checks as well as health screening. Dont you ever make use of your card?
Actually no. I was unaware of other facilities and only use it when the GP asks for it. Where does one access these facilities and are they expensive? Thanks for telling me though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.