Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Renewing Italian Passport

Renewing Italian Passport

Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

gioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant future
Default Re: Renewing Italian Passport

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I'm just as capable of reading in Italian as you are
I do not doubt this is true indeed, in which case let me suggest you some topics you might want to expand:

- delirio di grandezza
- personalita' schizotipica
- vulnerabilita' narcisistica.

Buona lettura!

Last edited by gioppino; Aug 28th 2014 at 11:33 am.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:35 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gioppino
I do not doubt this is true indeed, in which case let be suggest you some topics you might want to expand:

- delirio di grandezza
- personalita' schizotipica
- vulnerabilita' narcisistica.

Buona lettura!

Believe me I'm very down to earth. Offended your delicate and inflated Italian ego have I? I suggest that you carefully read the site rules.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Italian MFA - Consular offices and services abroad - Passport

this is in english , my neice is registered AIRE and got her ID card while resident in Spain .
Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

gioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza

Believe me I'm very down to earth. Offended your delicate and inflated Italian ego have I? I suggest that you carefully read the site rules.
What is it with your obsession with Italian ego? Have I ever made any mention of your nationality, whatever it is? Where is it in the site rules that one has the right to make derogatory remarks based on nationality?
Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:34 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

What is it with your obsession with Italian ego? Have I ever made any mention of your nationality, whatever it is? Where is it in the site rules that one has the right to make derogatory remarks based on nationality?
Obsession? I think this is the first time I've mentioned it.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

God, you sound just like my wife; except that she, poor girl, has the excuse of suffering with Alzheimer. And who was able to renew her Ialian passport quite efficiently on line in 2013 (June).
bye bye dicette l'inglese
Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:08 pm
Banned

NEWCOMO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 37100
Handy that like. Did your read it.. 10 weeks for an ID card! And there was me thinking that 10 wks for a passport is OTT!!!

In answer to Newcomo's question, according to the link, the Consulate can issue an ETD valid 5 days for travel to Italy.
She has a Valid C'ID so this is fine to travel to Italy (I think)... It is just the passport is out of date.

I will send a letter to the Italian Embassy in London as I know some of the people there through some trade mission I am involved in and see what happens and how to speed up the process of getting one issued in London. I cannot seem to get an appointment on the Italian booking system at all if not for months.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

If you don't mind me asking NewComo, but if she's got a valid CID can't she just wait until she's in Italy to renew her passport? I know that nowadays travelling with an Italian C'ID is a P.I.T.A. (I was made to wait 2 hours at Stansted coming from the Netherlands), but there's nothing that she can do with a passport that she can't do with a c'id.

I haven't had a passport since 2006 and I have crossed the border 20 times since then (and yes, the Gemeente here in the Netherlands gave me hard time).
Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by NEWCOMO
She has a Valid C'ID so this is fine to travel to Italy (I think)... It is just the passport is out of date.

I will send a letter to the Italian Embassy in London as I know some of the people there through some trade mission I am involved in and see what happens and how to speed up the process of getting one issued in London. I cannot seem to get an appointment on the Italian booking system at all if not for months.
She can travel in the EU with her Carta D'Identità.
Is this the website that you used to try and book an online appointmnt?

https://www.passaportonline.poliziadistato.it/
Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:23 pm

there's nothing that she can do with a passport that she can't do with a c'id.

I haven't had a passport since 2006 and I have crossed the border 20 times since then (and yes, the Gemeente here in the Netherlands gave me hard time).
Only in Europe. You can't travel out of Europe without a passport.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:29 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't mind me asking NewComo, but if she's got a valid CID can't she just wait until she's in Italy to renew her passport? I know that nowadays travelling with an Italian C'ID is a P.I.T.A. (I was made to wait 2 hours at Stansted coming from the Netherlands), but there's nothing that she can do with a passport that she can't do with a c'id.

Can you get a new ID card Gioppino? The credit card type. The UK has formally requested Italy to issue them for travel through their border.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Can you get a new ID card Gioppino?
Not until mine runs out (2020)
The credit card type.
It depends on the Comune of origin. When I applied in 2010 they didn't have it. They have it now. Next time I will go for a passport.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:41 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Not until mine runs out (2020)

It depends on the Comune of origin. When I applied in 2010 they didn't have it. They have it now. Next time I will go for a passport.
You could always swap it before it expires. Comunes are aware of the problem. We swapped a 5yr renewed one because Switzerland won't let you in. Or you could just tear it in half.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 2:06 pm
Banned

Fleetwoodmac1975. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NEWCOMO

Have you thought of applying in other consular areas of the UK?
It would be easier to get an appointment than in London.

But Goppino is correct, she can get an ID card which will be enough for the travel she needs.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 2:59 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Fleetwoodmac1975.
Have you thought of applying in other consular areas of the UK?
It would be easier to get an appointment than in London.

But Goppino is correct, she can get an ID card which will be enough for the travel she needs.
Except that there is a 10 WK wait for an ID card.