Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Renewing Italian Passport

Renewing Italian Passport

Old Aug 27th 2014, 11:05 pm
Banned

NEWCOMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewing Italian Passport

My Missus mother needs to renew her Italian Passport. She is now unwell to travel to Italy and to do this in the commune she is resident in Italy. Is there anyone who can do this in London (It seems impossible to get an appointment in Italian Embassy in London at any time) and she needs this done asap.

Do you know anyone / service who can expedite this either here (Italy) or (UK)....
Old Aug 27th 2014, 11:12 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing Italian Passport

The comune does not issue passports in Italy anyway. Your MIL will need to contact an embassy.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 11:27 pm
Banned

NEWCOMO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
The comune does not issue passports in Italy anyway. Your MIL will need to contact an embassy.
They do in Piacenza... at the Questura.

she was too ill last time to wait and had to return to London.

Hence the problem.

She is now without a passport and in Piacenza she has to be in person.. so this is the problem.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 11:31 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NEWCOMO
They do in Piacenza... at the Questura.

she was too ill last time to wait and had to return to London.

Hence the problem.

She is now without a passport and in Piacenza she has to be in person.. so this is the problem.
Ah see, that's the point. The Questura is not the comune. The comune is like a town hall/council office. The questura is quite different and they do do passports.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 7:08 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

My Missus mother needs to renew her Italian Passport. She is now unwell to travel to Italy and to do this in the commune she is resident in Italy. Is there anyone who can do this in London (It seems impossible to get an appointment in Italian Embassy in London at any time) and she needs this done asap.

Do you know anyone / service who can expedite this either here (Italy) or (UK)....
ThebEmbassy doesn't deal with passport. You need a consulate for that.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

gioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant future

Is she registered to the AIRE?

If no, she has to come back to Italy (I think)

If yes, it depends on where she lives. In some areas she could go to an "Agenzia Consolare" which will then forward the request to the Consulate in London. Otherwise there is an online booking system on the London Consulate website, but last time I tried (3 years ago) it was pretty broken. Try to use the Agenzia Consolare if you can, links are on the website:
Consolato Generale d'Italia in Londra

EDIT: Alternatively she can ask for an Italian ID Card at the Consulate. If the passport is expired she will get the ID card for free (and viceversa).
Old Aug 28th 2014, 10:20 am

Free passports? I don't think so.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

gioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant future

Free passports? I don't think so.
And what do you know about Italian passports, Lorna? And what do you know about the AIRE? I am curious because you seem to know about everything.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by gioppino
And what do you know about Italian passports, Lorna? And what do you know about the AIRE? I am curious because you seem to know about everything.
For your information. I have an Italian partner and two children, all with Italian passports and I also know that rules, regulations and prices were all updated this year. I make it my business to know about things that affect me or my family in the country that we live in so yes, I do know about lots of things.

Why not read some updates yourself here?

Ministero degli Affari Esteri - Documenti di Viaggio - Passaporto
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

I've re-read you post now. If she doesn't have a valid Carta d'Identita', she can have a new one in Britain for £ 4.70:

When I did my first passport at the AIRE in Edinburgh I had it for free because it was still one of the old 5-years passports that were valid only for the EU. The new ones are valid for all countries and it's £94.90 (+27.80 if you want it urgently).
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

For your information. I have an Italian partner and two children, all with Italian passports and I also know that rules, regulations and prices were all updated this year. I make it my business to know about things that affect me or my family in the country that we live in so yes, I do know about lots of things.

Why not read some updates yourself here?

Ministero degli Affari Esteri - Documenti di Viaggio - Passaporto
Congratulations Lorna, you always have your answer ready, not necessarily the right one.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:11 am

Congratulations Lorna, you always have your answer ready, not necessarily the right one.
Gee thanks. Your answers are always the right ones are they? I don't think so.
I wouldn't argue with the updated info in my link.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Gee thanks. Your answers are always the right ones are they? I don't think so.
I wouldn't argue with the updated info in my link.
Surely you don't know about the AIRE and how rules change for Italian citizens who are not resident in Italy. Or probably you know, because you put your nose in everything.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:21 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

I've re-read you post now. If she doesn't have a valid Carta d'Identita', she can have a new one in Britain for £ 4.70:

When I did my first passport at the AIRE in Edinburgh I had it for free because it was still one of the old 5-years passports that were valid only for the EU. The new ones are valid for all countries and it's £94.90 (+27.80 if you want it urgently).
Handy that like. Did your read it.. 10 weeks for an ID card! And there was me thinking that 10 wks for a passport is OTT!!!

In answer to Newcomo's question, according to the link, the Consulate can issue an ETD valid 5 days for travel to Italy.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:25 am

Surely you don't know about the AIRE and how rules change for Italian citizens who are not resident in Italy. Or probably you know, because you put your nose in everything.
I thought you'd put me on ignore? Oh wait. You can't put me on ignore can you because I'm one of the semi-gods?

Some of our members here need help with bureacracy and can't understand all the jargon on the many complicated, Italian websites. I am willing to "put my nose" into things to help them. I'm just as capable of reading in Italian as you are and I can relay any info back to our members in English and in a way that they will understand.

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Aug 28th 2014 at 12:30 pm. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.