Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Renewing a British Passport in Italy

Renewing a British Passport in Italy

Old Jul 25th 2012, 8:28 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice
Default Renewing a British Passport in Italy

Please, has anyone on this site renewed a British passport in Italy??,
mine is not due for renewal till next year, but starting to think about
it now.
I live near Verona.
Many Thanks.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing a British Passport in Italy

Originally Posted by stevebenaulim
Please, has anyone on this site renewed a British passport in Italy??,
mine is not due for renewal till next year, but starting to think about
it now.
I live near Verona.
Many Thanks.
This response is hardly useful but mine is due for renewal this November. I'm not in much of a hurry because it's a wonderful excuse NOT to visit the UK however I do realise it's a daft attitude. I believe the paperwork has to be sent to Paris.
Wondering if it's possible to do it by posting docs to a friend in UK?
Looking forward to advice
Old Jul 25th 2012, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

I renewed mine earlier this year , the UK passport web site explains exactly what you have to do and the forms are all online . The passport came back in about 2 weeks . I was not happy about giving them my credit card details on a printed form , they really ought to get payments online , but everything went well . Its easier than you expect .
Old Jul 25th 2012, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

I renewed mine this year via Paris, paid online in advance, sent the documents to Paris, they couriered them back - easy peasy - 10 days all in.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 8:59 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Originally Posted by modicasa
I renewed mine this year via Paris, paid online in advance, sent the documents to Paris, they couriered them back - easy peasy - 10 days all in.
Sorry but is payment online the only way??
How did you send your documents to Paris I.E.
recorded delivery or courier?.
Many Thanks
Old Jul 25th 2012, 9:12 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Many Thanks
I posted mine by signed for delivery in 2010 and my passport got sent back with TNT Traco.

Mine took weeks and weeks and arrived just 2 or 3 day before I was due to fly and after I spent a small fortune on credit card only phone calls to people on the help line who weren't even in Paris and had no idea if my application was just lolling around in somebody's in box.

I was thoroughly unhappy with the whole lot of them and the process. Another poster had problems with TNT Traco and the delivery of her child's passport from Paris.

There's a whole thread on this somewhere if you want me to find it for you.
Hopefully they are better organised now.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 9:47 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I found the old thread and it makes for truly unbelievable reading.

My personal passport saga begins on page 7.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...highlight=pari
Old Jul 25th 2012, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Many Thanks
I couriered mine using my employers stationary and DHL account ( I did ask them first ) , you have to pay to have it couried back to you. I had no problems and this was march 2012
Old Jul 25th 2012, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Twinkle Canelli will become famous soon enough

I got my daughters British passport renewed in March. Couriered the documents to Paris - I think it cost about 25 euros for the courier. No problems whatsoever, and we got the new passport back in little over a week. They are a lot more lax with the rules and regulations regarding photos etc if you do it via Paris rather than in London. The only problem I had was that the courier returning it came while we were out, and instead of returning and getting a signature, he stuffed it down the gap between the wall and the side of our post box and I didn't come across it till I went out of the gate a couple of days later.

My husband got his renewed during a brief stay in London and had no end of problems - the photos he'd had prepared here in Italy were the wrong size, and the form provided on the website ended up being out of date and he had to complete another one at the office. Luckily they were able to give him an appointment later that same day otherwise he would have been really stuck
Old Jul 25th 2012, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Renewed my daughter's this year via Paris office too - it's the only way now. Costs a bit but they were very efficient and there was no fuss.

..unlike Rome Embassy a few years ago . .the reason why I first came across this forum, to which i appealed for help . .that was a nightmare..they took ages and naturally I got it back the day before I was due to fly to the U.S. .. their excuse? the earthquake in L'Aquila...

Old Jul 25th 2012, 11:25 am

I had such a nightmare with them that I think I'll just get an Irish passport next time.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I had such a nightmare with them that I think I'll just get an Irish passport next time.
I just read through my old thread .. what a palava! They did all behave very badly though .. if they've moved it all to Paris in the interests of efficiency then hurrah for that.
Wonder what they do at the Embassy now?
Old Jul 25th 2012, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by MarkRD
I just read through my old thread .. what a palava! They did all behave very badly though .. if they've moved it all to Paris in the interests of efficiency then hurrah for that.
Wonder what they do at the Embassy now?
Drink tea and do sweet FA I imagine.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Where do I apply for a job there ?
Old Jul 25th 2012, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Only the best Darjeeling too I imagine .. they keep it in the cupboard in case the Queen comes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.