Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

removal companies from UK to Italy

removal companies from UK to Italy

Old Oct 15th 2006, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

babsandbob has a spectacular aura aboutbabsandbob has a spectacular aura aboutbabsandbob has a spectacular aura about
Default removal companies from UK to Italy

Hello,
My husband and I will be moving to Cantalupo, Imperia next March, from North Wales.
Can anyone recommend a reliable removal company that isn't too expensive?
Barbara
Old Oct 15th 2006, 9:24 pm
JPD
Just Joined

JPD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: removal companies from UK to Italy

Originally Posted by babsandbob
Hello,
My husband and I will be moving to Cantalupo, Imperia next March, from North Wales.
Can anyone recommend a reliable removal company that isn't too expensive?
Barbara
In my experience Big is best - try Pickfords 01978 363477
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

babsandbob has a spectacular aura aboutbabsandbob has a spectacular aura aboutbabsandbob has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JPD
In my experience Big is best - try Pickfords 01978 363477
Thank you for that. Will try them for a quote.
Barbara
Old Oct 18th 2006, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

CarrieW is on a distinguished road

www.etbrokers-removals.com we got quotes from these people. They are a brokers and charge £20 (I think) and shop around the whole UK for quotes for the dates and location you specify.

They came back with a really cheap quote but the removal depot burnt down, losing all the vans, 3 days before our move! That was a fun time I can tell you! Still, we got here in the end, thanks to a friend whose son is a international lorry driver!

I had to keep pushing the brokers to get the info as they were a bit slow and lost our details the first time we used the website, but they only get the quote so it has no reflection on the removal company you use. It would have saved us a lot of money and as they get feedback from clients they can tell you if they have used the removal company they recommend to you before. They are based in Southern France (but are English) so be aware of the hour time difference if you try calling.

Kind regards
Carrie
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

[Hi again Carrie, just spotted your removal reply! I'm a bit new to these forums, so you'll have to bear with me.
We are currently in Florida until February. Both our grownup children live and work in the USA, so we come over for extended stays.
Before we left the UK, I had 2 removal companies come to take a look. They both estimated about 1000cu ft. Both quotes were a little under £4000 going by road train as a part load. I thought they were a bit pricey, but have nothing to judge them by.
I'll go on the website you sent me and take a look. It must have been a nightmare for you with your last minute crisis!
Regards
Barbara QUOTE=CarrieW]www.etbrokers-removals.com we got quotes from these people. They are a brokers and charge £20 (I think) and shop around the whole UK for quotes for the dates and location you specify.

They came back with a really cheap quote but the removal depot burnt down, losing all the vans, 3 days before our move! That was a fun time I can tell you! Still, we got here in the end, thanks to a friend whose son is a international lorry driver!

I had to keep pushing the brokers to get the info as they were a bit slow and lost our details the first time we used the website, but they only get the quote so it has no reflection on the removal company you use. It would have saved us a lot of money and as they get feedback from clients they can tell you if they have used the removal company they recommend to you before. They are based in Southern France (but are English) so be aware of the hour time difference if you try calling.

Kind regards
Carrie[/QUOTE]