Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Removal Companies

Removal Companies

Old Jul 26th 2009, 9:33 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removal Companies

Originally Posted by bricwood
My lorry of furniture and computers and stuff is coming over soon, would I get away with tubs of paint? someone told me you cant buy good paint in italy
Many paints can be listed as hazardous material, depending on the quantity and type. You will need to contact your carrier to see if he needs to make out a hazardous declaration for paints. If a vehicle is stopped on the road and has "hazardous" cargo without documentation it can lead to serious consequences. A ferry company will normally make a hazardous surcharge of around £25 last I heard
Old Jul 27th 2009, 6:42 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I could go on, I would like to bring a few bags of peat too the ground looks very poor to me, but I will probably stick to marmite and things like that
Blurgh - I think I'd rather eat peat than marmite
Old Jul 28th 2009, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

sheilamarsco is on a distinguished road

d.i.y stores will mix paint for you here in italy and it is every bit as good as uk brands perhaps a bit more expensive though.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 3:39 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheilamarsco
d.i.y stores will mix paint for you here in italy and it is every bit as good as uk brands perhaps a bit more expensive though.
It's not shiny, glossy or washable though is it ........ unless you get that stuff that they use on hospital and school walls.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 4:23 pm
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

I had in mind the 10 litre tubs of dulux for internal walls, I did my whole house in London from top to bottom just before I sold it, fills in cracks up to half in wide it really is good stuff, but I can live without it
Old Jul 29th 2009, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

sheilamarsco is on a distinguished road

yes you can get glossy and washable and a very nifty white paint that when you put it on the wall it looks pink and then changes to white that way you can see where you left off! you can buy all sorts of paint in the big diy stores.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

debra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Why dont you send it by groupage trailer if its packed well.
I was involved in a company called Transmec who have offices in Italy and in the UK

http://www.transmecgroup.it/contatti...e=1&map=europa

Call the Birmingham office and ask for Phil Thomas .... tell him JJ from Spain sent you

It'll by far be the cheapest way to get your stuff over there. If you ask them they will palletise it for you and shrink wrap.

Hi

I am moving back to the UK in November and have around 10-15 cubic metres of furniture to ship back, would this company do this?.

Anybody got any other good companies to recommend......that won't break the bank!

Thanks
Debs
Old Jul 31st 2009, 7:37 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Beware of using small firms...2 friends who had stuff shifted from U.K to Italy when it arrived it had some missing and some not theirs. Took the company to task over it and the company claimed the insurance on it and bloody kept it. So...beware
Old Aug 27th 2009, 7:14 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

I am finally getting the keys to my place soon and will be getting my stuff over, the removal firm is a very old company and seem ok to me, they will be going from Redbridge to Lecce and its not coming till they get a full load so anyone interested email me and I give you there number, as I said before they are charging me around £2000 for my stuff, I have around 2 transits full
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:06 pm

I am finally getting the keys to my place soon and will be getting my stuff over, the removal firm is a very old company and seem ok to me, they will be going from Redbridge to Lecce and its not coming till they get a full load so anyone interested email me and I give you there number, as I said before they are charging me around £2000 for my stuff, I have around 2 transits full
Best of luck with the move over here Bricwood.