Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Regret going back to the UK from Italy?

Regret going back to the UK from Italy?

Old Apr 16th 2009, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regret going back to the UK from Italy?

Originally Posted by giuliana
Since you are all Eastender fans can anyone update me? I am up to the bit where Danielle tells her Grandad who she really is! I haven't been able to watch it and I want to know what's happened.

I have to go pick up my son but I will tell you whats happened either later or tomorrow ok (too long to do in one sentence )
Old Apr 16th 2009, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

katu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nicekatu is just really nice

WARNING, long soap update coming up.......Danielle told her grandfather and he urged her not to tell Ronnie the truth, he would do it. This carried on for a week or so, ending with him telling her that Ronnie had been told the truth and she wasn't interested in having her daughter and that she wished that her daughter really was dead etc etc.

It came to a head at the wedding of Archie and Peggy when Danielle confronted Ronnie asking her how she could be so heartless rejecting her twice. Ronnie thought that Danielle was being a weird stalker and Archie joined in saying that he had merely been trying to keep Danielle away from Ronnie to protect her from Danielle's imagination. Ronnie screamed at Danielle to leave her alone and never come back etc etc. Danielle ran away and the wedding continued. However, in true soap fashion, Danielle had left the locket in Ronnie's champagne glass and she discovered it during the speeches, knowing at once that Danielle was really her daughter.

Ronnie ran out of the pub to find Danielle and shouted for her to stop, which she did.......in the middle of the road.....can you guess what happened next?? Yep, Janine came round the corner in a car and knocked her down, she died in Ronnie's arms, happy at last to be accepted as Ronnie's daughter.

Funeral is tonight, Archie has been banished from the square (Phil torturing him and making him think that he was going to kill him, no less).
Old Apr 17th 2009, 10:32 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Since you are all Eastender fans can anyone update me?
Please, not ALL of us!! Can someone let me know on happy hour when the talk turns to more cerebral things?!
Old Apr 18th 2009, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

giuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nice

Thanks Katu!!!!
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Thanks Katu!!!!
I love Corrie and Enders, though Enders is my fave. So sad the Danielle story line. I heard there was a petition to not kill off Danielle. I was tempted to go find it and sign it. No kid.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

If I could i would start a BAN eastenders It is the most depressing program on TV and then they wonder why kid turn out like they do..at least have it after 9pm..:curse:

Life in the UK:

Jane: hello sue wow did you watch corrie and eastenders last night it was so sad
Sue: ye i had to record it litle jimmy got in trouble with the cops so had to go down and get him out..I asked the bill if i could come after eastenders and they said no

WOW i miss the uk so much.................

Last edited by Mr Posh; Apr 19th 2009 at 9:24 am.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Birtles is an unknown quantity at this point

I regret moving back to the UK.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Originally Posted by Birtles
I regret moving back to the UK.
Why's that Birties?

I don't particulary miss the UK at, but I am moving back as the opportunities are better for us there. Obviously everyone's situation is different though.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Birtles is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by .Ariel.
Why's that Birties?

I don't particulary miss the UK at, but I am moving back as the opportunities are better for us there. Obviously everyone's situation is different though.
Multiple reasons really, that I didn't properly weigh up.

Think long and hard, Britain is not the land of opportunity.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:24 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Did you move back from Italy or another country?
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

selinuntina is on a distinguished road

Why's that Birties?

I felt that way too. We moved back in November, my son has Cerebral Palsy, only mild but he has mobility problems. The help and support we have received here in UK has been amazing. We have got more done, more answers and more support in 6 months than we did in the 2 years we tried to get help in Sicily.
UK does have its down sides but at the mo I'm enjoying it and feeling lucky we can go back to Sicily on holidays and enjoy the good bits there.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

sellymack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by selinuntina
I felt that way too. We moved back in November, my son has Cerebral Palsy, only mild but he has mobility problems. The help and support we have received here in UK has been amazing. We have got more done, more answers and more support in 6 months than we did in the 2 years we tried to get help in Sicily.
UK does have its down sides but at the mo I'm enjoying it and feeling lucky we can go back to Sicily on holidays and enjoy the good bits there.
Hi there in L'pool!! I really miss home/family/friends in Southport, just up the road from you. I completely understand why you made the decision to move back. I keep telling people back home in England that the reality of life in Italy is totally different to the wonderful sunshine and ice-cream stereotype that you get when here on holiday!
Good luck with settling back in!.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Trisha52 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was reading the "moving back to the UK" forum and there's a thread on there asking if anyone regrets going back. As it is mostly OZ / US expats on there, I was wondering if anyone had regretted the experience of moving back to the UK from Italy?

No one I know has regretted it (going from Italy to UK), though the US/Oz expats seem to... There was a warning about not viewing everything about the UK through rose tinted specs, which I can understand very much. I think the job market here probably means many are forced to go back so you could really regret leaving such a situation. Hmmm.
Italy has improved, but it still has a long way to go to be on a par with some of the other eec countries. It could be a paradise if they listened to the "Stranieri" That old joke about paradise being the Brits in admin, the Germans in policing, the French doing the cooking and the Italians in bed is not far from wrong.
Talking of Stranieri - Im fed up, after 30 odd years of continually being called a foreigner. The word stranieri actually means stranger and i certain am not that, and even have the Italian passport, but they continue to be quite racist. You can't do that in England and i don't think people keep on about foreigners so much as its more accepted. And can you imagine if a Brit told someone "nobody asked you to come here, so if you don't like it go home."They would be sued.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

You're right Trisha - I notice sometimes that people here say things that would be unacceptable in the UK - but when I point it out to them they just look at me blank - as if to say ' but whats wrong with that' ! Italy definitely has a long way still to go. My local paper still has adverts for jobseekers like : bella ragazza 18-25 max --- or waiter required max 23 - I thought that with EU regulations you couldnt stress age and gender ??

Anyway its been raining all day and its thoroughly depressing - specially after watching a) London marathon and they were baking and b) Formula1 and they were overcooked in Bahrain at about 38° !! Off to have a little glass of vino - anyone join me

(was absolutely convinced I was in Happy Hour - hence the drink invitation )

Last edited by Patty; Apr 26th 2009 at 5:06 pm. Reason: forgot where I was
Old Apr 26th 2009, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Trisha52 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Patty
You're right Trisha - I notice sometimes that people here say things that would be unacceptable in the UK - but when I point it out to them they just look at me blank - as if to say ' but whats wrong with that' ! Italy definitely has a long way still to go. My local paper still has adverts for jobseekers like : bella ragazza 18-25 max --- or waiter required max 23 - I thought that with EU regulations you couldnt stress age and gender ??

Anyway its been raining all day and its thoroughly depressing - specially after watching a) London marathon and they were baking and b) Formula1 and they were overcooked in Bahrain at about 38° !! Off to have a little glass of vino - anyone join me

(was absolutely convinced I was in Happy Hour - hence the drink invitation )
Italians don't no the eu exists, and go merrily on as if it doen't have anything to do with them. The banks are the worst - if your'e a woman and to boot a foreign woman, then they don't even accknowledge your presence.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.