Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

REGISTRATION OF A UK CAR TO ITALIAN REGISTERED

REGISTRATION OF A UK CAR TO ITALIAN REGISTERED

Old Aug 25th 2021, 9:22 am
Just Joined

reecesonia is an unknown quantity at this point
Question REGISTRATION OF A UK CAR TO ITALIAN REGISTERED

After contacting DVLA they have told me that they do not issue any cancellation paperwork (certificate) after I have notified them of "Permanent Export" ( section 11 of the log book).

The ACI have told me I need to get a "CERTIFICATE OF CONFORMITY" and a "REVISIONE" and a "TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FORM" before they can commence the Italian Registration process.

Where should be my first port of call now??

Thanking you in advance for your help.
Old Aug 25th 2021, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: REGISTRATION OF A UK CAR TO ITALIAN REGISTERED

A certificate of conformity can usually be obtained via the dealer where you purchased the car or from the "homologation " office of the vehicle manufacturers It should be in the language of the registration of the vehicle ie UK reg in English It is a standard EU form and basically says that it complies with EU normes Be VERY CAREFUL not to get sucked into third party websites many of which have "official" sounding names but are run by con artists who take your money and do not supply a proper COC
A Revisione is basically the equivalent of an MOT
I am not sure what the third document is perhaps a form from the Italian equivalent of VOSA?
Old Aug 25th 2021, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Excellent. Many thanks
Old Aug 26th 2021, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

dreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by reecesonia
After contacting DVLA they have told me that they do not issue any cancellation paperwork (certificate) after I have notified them of "Permanent Export" ( section 11 of the log book).

The ACI have told me I need to get a "CERTIFICATE OF CONFORMITY" and a "REVISIONE" and a "TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FORM" before they can commence the Italian Registration process.

Where should be my first port of call now??

Thanking you in advance for your help.
That’s rather confusing - my understanding is that the Certificate of Conformity ‘CoC’ is the technical specifications form - it certainly contains all the technical specifications. We’ve never been asked for a “revisione” perhaps someone else can help with that one. Sorry I can’t be more helpful.
Old Aug 26th 2021, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

If your UK car is more than 4 years old you need proof of a revisione/MOT Prior to Brexit you could use a UK MOT provided it was less than 6 months old but whether that it still allowed I do not know I would think that if the OP cannot get a COC then it will have to go for an inspection
Old Aug 26th 2021, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

dreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Listen Very Carefully
If your UK car is more than 4 years old you need proof of a revisione/MOT Prior to Brexit you could use a UK MOT provided it was less than 6 months old but whether that it still allowed I do not know I would think that if the OP cannot get a COC then it will have to go for an inspection
That's interesting, thanks listen very carefully
Old Aug 26th 2021, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Walton is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope this helps

https://www.aci.it/i-servizi/guide-u...n-veicolo.html
Old Aug 27th 2021, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Lugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant future

When we reregistered we also had to provide the vehicle log book - V5C. We got the CoC from the vehicle manufacturer - sent both English and Italian versions. The vehicle will still have to be inspected and the results sent back to the ACI office. We had a garage go over the car pre-inspection and had the headlights changed over to RHD. Good luck with all the paperwork - seems endless but you'll get there!
Old Aug 27th 2021, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Thank you, that is very helpful, knowing the COC is the same as the Technical specifications form.

I have found out the REVISIONE is the equivalent to an MOT, which my local garage can perform.

kind regards