Quarantine

Old Jul 17th 2021, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps says the government is "actively working" on ways of letting fully-vaccinated British expats and foreign nationals arrive in England from amber countries without the need for self-isolation.

He says he hopes to say more in the next couple of weeks.
Or not - as we find out today:

"The government announcement means that anyone who has been in France in the previous 10 days will need to quarantine on arrival to England in their own accommodation and will need a day two and day eight test, regardless of their vaccination status"https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57869880

The only exemption for normal travellers (those on holiday/visiting family) seems to be for "Eurostar passengers on services travelling through France ... if their train did not stop in the country."

The government's approach is chaotic. Under the rules announced yesterday, you can fly from any of the other EU states without quarantine. And you could say enter in the Netherlands, drive through 20 other states, coming into contact with thousands of people along the way (some of whom may well be French or have been in France of course). That's okay. You can fly back into the UK without a quarantine.
However, even if you only drive the 30 minute journey from the Belgian border to the Eurotunnel and get straight on without stopping, and stay in your vehicle ....which is what normally happens of course...and maybe you don't have contact with anyone apart from the border staff and staff at Eurotunnel. That's not okay. You still must quarantine!
Old Jul 17th 2021, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

With a surge in UK cases it seems quite likely that European countries will block non essential travel to the UK.
Old Jul 17th 2021, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98
With a surge in UK cases it seems quite likely that European countries will block non essential travel to the UK.
Obviously I hope that doesn't happen, but if it did then I guess I could argue see some logic behind it.

Even more logical would be to block non essential travel FROM the UK. Except maybe it's too late. Again, I hope it doesn't happen.

Old Jul 20th 2021, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

andyspeak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Seldomseenkid
Just in case anyone else is thinking of doing this I should say it all went very well. We uploaded the requested documents to the Euroshuttle web site. We told them we were vaccinated but it was never checked and the French checked nothing. We completed the EU people locator which was a bit of a faff but no one checked it at the Swiss border all they wanted was the money for the vignette. At the Italian border we were just waived through and the hotel we stayed at on our first night weren't interested. When we arrived home we reported our presence to the health people in Lazio and they arranged for tests for us today which were negative and so we are free from midnight. I am actually pleasantly surprised by how normal things are but at the back of my mind is the fear that the delta variant may cause problems if countries don't get on with their vaccination programs.
So can I ask how was the quarantine part? How did you manage to shop for food, and did anyone check that you were isolating properly?
Old Jul 21st 2021, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Seldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond repute

The quarantine was fine. After our overnight stop in Como we did a big food shop before arriving home. We received one call on our land line from the authorities to make the appointment for our antigen tests but otherwise we were left alone. We tried to do it all by the rules and our neighbours were very good, although they did say nobody else in the village would have done it!
Old Jul 21st 2021, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

We are driving over early Sept now,hopefully things will change by then.There are expats in our village at the moment and their keyholder/agent organised shopping for them.We have very good neighbours so not too worried.The commune is quite strict apparently,not even allowing rubbish to be put out during the 5 day period.
Old Jul 21st 2021, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

dreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by brian12
Double jabbed UK.Having read that Malta refused the phone certificate I went online and got the paper one which has a barcode and all the details of jabs.Belt and braces now,lol.NHS pretty efficient,only took 3 days in the post.
We had our first vaccine in the UK and our second in Italy. The NHS app reflects the UK one and we have a piece of A4 paper with the bar code etc for the Italian one. I’ve spoken to the NHS and they have agreed to incorporate our Italian vaccine on the NHS app. Actually making this happen is not without it’s challenges but work in progress.
Old Jul 21st 2021, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dreamo
We had our first vaccine in the UK and our second in Italy. The NHS app reflects the UK one and we have a piece of A4 paper with the bar code etc for the Italian one. I’ve spoken to the NHS and they have agreed to incorporate our Italian vaccine on the NHS app. Actually making this happen is not without it’s challenges but work in progress.
LOL,common sense prevails,good luck.Brian.
Old Jul 21st 2021, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

dreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Brian. It would be so refreshing to see it come to pass….