Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Purchasing Property in Calabria

Purchasing Property in Calabria

Old May 7th 2007, 5:06 am
Just Joined

Missi is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Purchasing Property in Calabria

Hi, appreciate any advice/experience readers have on buying property in calabria from a company called Medsea?
Old May 7th 2007, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice
Default Re: Purchasing Property in Calabria

I've seen this company advertise a lot on realestatetv.tv. From the sounds of it they started off with the Spanish market many years ago and they are now targeting Calabria heavely, they also say they have developments in Bulgaria, Turkey, Portugal etc.

On the bit I saw of their marketing ad on tv sounds like they are planning to build in Calabria for a long time to come I hope the regional body in Calabria will put the breaks on so that it doesn't turn this area in another Costa del crime

To be honest the bit I saw it mentioned prices starting at £40k for a very small flat and that seems a bit high to me.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Austin1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just purchased in Calabria in a fantastic beach location called Brancaleone and absolutely love it. I have lived in Spain for 6 years and can assure you it is and will not be anything like it. The development has every imaginable facility and I look forward to many good holidays. I have a load of information if anyone is interested please PM me.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

Originally Posted by Austin1
I have just purchased in Calabria in a fantastic beach location called Brancaleone and absolutely love it. I have lived in Spain for 6 years and can assure you it is and will not be anything like it. The development has every imaginable facility and I look forward to many good holidays. I have a load of information if anyone is interested please PM me.
I am glad you are happy with your purchase and I hope you will enjoy Italy for many years to come.

It is not the odd development that worries me, but the OP asked about medsea and in their add they are talking about building in calabria for the next 15 years personally I don't want to see my country turning into another Spain where the coasts are ruined by over developments.

Sardinia put the breaks on many years ago on the size and type of developements by people that were only interested in making huge profits. What Sardinia achieved is to retain a high class holiday market and its natural beauty. I only hope that the authorities in Calabria do the same, rather than take a short sighted short term view of job creation in the area. Once the natural beauty of the area is damaged you can't get it back

Sorry but there is no way on earth that I want any part of Italy turned into Benidorm or the likes.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Austin1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, i live in Spain and would hate to see the area turned into anything similar. The development we have is about 60% green and 40% built and all buildings are only 2 levels high and buit sypathetically to ensure it will not be a concrete jungle. I too hope it will be like Sardina as I would rather have it kept more exclusive and beautiful.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Codfather is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Austin1
Hi, I would appreciate some info on buying in Brancaleone if possible please.
Thanks & regards
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

dick Auburn is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Purchasing Property in Calabria

Hi,

Just some advise... i purchased in Jewel of the Sea and I wished I had not. I have just found out from Giambrone and Law that they do not have the planning permission in place for the golf course and there is every likelihood that the course will not be given the go ahead.

Also they inform me, after I have paid them the 50%, that the commercial areas ie the commercial building and the clubhouse do not have planning permission either.

Therefore i have bought a shoe box in the middle of nowhere which now seems to be over priced! Please be warned
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Andys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really nice

If you are that unhappy then ask for your money back! That is why you use a company like Giambrone & Law.

There are plenty of other developments in Calabria to choose from, dont let someone blow smoke up your ar*e and rip you off.

I purchased in Amantea town centre for that very reason, all around us is either really old or existing buildings, which seem to be getting renovated very tastefully, so I know what it looks like and what to expect

Hope you sort it out.
Andy
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dick Auburn
Hi,

Just some advise... i purchased in Jewel of the Sea and I wished I had not. I have just found out from Giambrone and Law that they do not have the planning permission in place for the golf course and there is every likelihood that the course will not be given the go ahead.

Also they inform me, after I have paid them the 50%, that the commercial areas ie the commercial building and the clubhouse do not have planning permission either.

Therefore i have bought a shoe box in the middle of nowhere which now seems to be over priced! Please be warned
As said before get your money back, the contract is void if they sold to you by mis-representation.
Old May 8th 2008, 9:00 am
Just Joined

oasis108 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dick Auburn
Hi,

Dear Dick
Did you manage to get your money back from this developer in the end? I see they have now released Phase 2 of the development. Does this mean that they have now got the necessary planning permissions in place?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:52 am
Just Joined

gavinb is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest I havent heard such great things but I guess everyone looks for different things in a company. My wife and I used First Property Choice and they were very good. They very professional, efficient likeable and most importantly we didnt feel under any pressure. Give them a go and see www.firstpropertychoice.com
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:17 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gavinb
To be honest I havent heard such great things but I guess everyone looks for different things in a company. My wife and I used First Property Choice and they were very good. They very professional, efficient likeable and most importantly we didnt feel under any pressure. Give them a go and see www.firstpropertychoice.com

Whereabots do you live / did you buy
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:52 am
Just Joined

Hi Mitziboy, my wife and I bought in a development near a place called Brancaleone which we just love. The area is beautiful and a felt a bit more like Italy than Tropea or Pizzo did. Have you got a place there?
Old Jan 20th 2009, 12:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gavinb
Hi Mitziboy, my wife and I bought in a development near a place called Brancaleone which we just love. The area is beautiful and a felt a bit more like Italy than Tropea or Pizzo did. Have you got a place there?
No , no I am situated in Spain but just cruise around the forums ..... people on here like to know where others are situated, always nice to know
Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

oh super, my mum is living in Spain, she is in a nursing home down in the South and I go there often as she isnt so well, my business is in Liverpool though. Spain wasnt for us though, a little too many high rise and full of brits. I just pray Calabria doesnt end up like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.