Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Property Certification 2017 necessary before selling

Property Certification 2017 necessary before selling

Old Jul 29th 2020, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Property Certification 2017 necessary before selling

I've heard of a a recent law which requires any property being sold to have this new certification. It has to be done by a geometra and isn't cheap or quick. And could involve extra expenses in getting property to conform before it can be issued. Has anyone had experience obtaining this? What is it called. Was is expensive, long process?
Old Jul 30th 2020, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property Certification 2017 necessary before selling

youll have to be a bit more specific. I suspect you mean the APE which is cheap and quick, unless it throws up the fact that your house isn't conforme to the catatstal plan.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to you Modicasa. It could be it, sounds like it. I was told it can be done online , but still take 6 or so weeks. Or longer maybe in offline method. I'll look into this one.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm not sure now Modicasa about APE-.I think that relates to the 10 year Electricity conformity. I have this one.
Could it be ARI or similar, introduced in 2017? WHich involves the services of a geomentra to get it (the apartment) assessed or qualified or certified, if it isn't already? My apartment won't be because It was purchased pre-2017.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

The APE relates to the energy efficiency of the building - heat loss, insulation etc. It requires a geometra to visit the house and check boiler,windows etc - then they must make sure the house is the same as the plan. If it is, then no problem. Its based on square metrage and shouldnt cost you more than 250 euros even in the north. It takes a couple of days. YOu must have it for a sale, the notary needs to insert all the details into the act. Its valid for 10 years, so youcan easily get one well in advance and your estate agent will thank you as they need the classification of the house in the publicity.

Last edited by modicasa; Jul 30th 2020 at 9:36 am.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you again for the feedback.
I have the APE. It will expire in 2025- 10 years, as you said.

What a potential purchaser of my property said was that in 2017 a new law/certification was introduced which requires any properties subsequently sold to conform , before the notary will process the sale of the property.
This new certification, he said, needs to be done by a geometra and could be expensive if the property has not been modified in accordance with regulatons etc when restructured or had work done on it. So, if the property was purchased BEFORE the new 2017 law/certification, and is then sold today , it needs to have this certification retrospectively applied, before it can be sold.
Maybe he is confused... He mentioned the acronym ARI (?) or ARRI (?) or something similar...? Any ideas?
Old Jul 30th 2020, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

When I bought my flat last year the owner had a copy of the APE from his own purchase 6 years previously and he offered me that . My notary said that it doesnt need to be redone at every purchase / sale but only every 10 years . One of my colleagues also told me that you can get them online in a couple of days too.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
When I bought my flat last year the owner had a copy of the APE from his own purchase 6 years previously and he offered me that . My notary said that it doesnt need to be redone at every purchase / sale but only every 10 years . One of my colleagues also told me that you can get them online in a couple of days too.
Interesting.
So, do you know if you have such a document I am referring to? ARI? or similar? Attestazione (?).....something something....
I imagine you will if you bought last year and this law/certification came in 2017.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

I have the APE attached to the copy of the rogito and it is Attestato di Certificazione Energetica - Emilia Romangna .Its two pages and has a clearly stated date of issue and expirey and I have also have the Visura Camerale which shows that the appartment is correctly registered at the catasto . I did have the appartment checked by a geometra but that was part of the mortgage set up and he only wanted to be sure it was worth the ammount I was applying for but he was very thorough . The flat I bought has never been restructered in anyway so perhaps the purchaser wants to be sure the building work was done properly ?
Old Jul 30th 2020, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
I have the APE attached to the copy of the rogito and it is Attestato di Certificazione Energetica - Emilia Romangna .Its two pages and has a clearly stated date of issue and expirey and I have also have the Visura Camerale which shows that the appartment is correctly registered at the catasto . I did have the appartment checked by a geometra but that was part of the mortgage set up and he only wanted to be sure it was worth the ammount I was applying for but he was very thorough . The flat I bought has never been restructered in anyway so perhaps the purchaser wants to be sure the building work was done properly ?
Thanks. Yes I too have those two energy certificates. Your point about the restructuring could be relevant. Maybe you don't need this new certificate, if it exists!
Old Jul 30th 2020, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

We sold in Italy Nov18 and the APE was the only new thing we (agent) had to deal with and were told (as per Modicasa post) it was needed at the deed stage. Perhaps lucky who know, but the geometra that the buyers brought in to look over the house for them, said he would do the APE for us for €150.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
We sold in Italy Nov18 and the APE was the only new thing we (agent) had to deal with and were told (as per Modicasa post) it was needed at the deed stage. Perhaps lucky who know, but the geometra that the buyers brought in to look over the house for them, said he would do the APE for us for €150.
Thanks. So can I ask, in your work as an agent, if a client has done work on a prop, have you seen or are you aware of this (mythical?) certificate/law from 2017 which I've been told about?
Old Jul 30th 2020, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I was clarifying the "we" bit i.e. the agent dealt with it!
Old Jul 30th 2020, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

ahh ok . thanks for clarifying
Old Jul 31st 2020, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

I know of no certificate called ARI ARRE or anything new from 2017(unless its a regional thing in the far north).. If you do work on a property you need a SCIA/DIA or concessione - then you may have to get agibilità. You may have to re-accatastare the property and redo the APE: Why did you need this certification - what had you done to the property?