Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

On the plus side

Wikiposts

On the plus side

Old Feb 9th 2010, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default On the plus side

Thought I'd write something positive for once as I usually moan about Italy

Went to the doctors monday morning - she sent me for an ECG immediately - so I trotted off to the hospital and had it done within the hour - then back to her in the afternoon with the results (all clear - phew)

I was so impressed that I thought I'd have to share it.
Now thats what I call good service
Old Feb 10th 2010, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: On the plus side

That is brill Patty!

I think sometimes we (oh, alright -I!!!!) forget that mostly people try and do their best here. It might not be the same as we're used to but when things like this are better than the treatment you would get in the UK you start to feel a bit thankful.

Glad all is okay too. xxxx
Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:21 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear your fine Patty. Bet just being sent must have sent your heart racing.

Having experienced too many u.k and Italian hospitals lately I must say I prefer the later. Must say, the look on a u.k doctors face when I argued back was a picture. Very unBritish.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 2:34 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

What's an ECG?
Old Feb 10th 2010, 3:00 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
What's an ECG?
Ecocardiogramma -------- that machine that reads your heartbeats anyway.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 3:01 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patty

Went to the doctors monday morning - she sent me for an ECG immediately - so I trotted off to the hospital and had it done within the hour - then back to her in the afternoon with the results (all clear - phew)

Good news Patty - were you having a panic attack on Monday morning about something? Some Italian paperwork to get through
Old Feb 10th 2010, 3:14 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Patty good news!! You've got your 25th next year, can't have you being sick for that!
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for all your kind replies
I've still got the original problem though - its like a bad headache in my left arm with my little finger numb and the other fingertips numb. She probably thought it best to check out so I was very relieved to get the all clear. Have to say though these things make me very nervous and I was all red and blotchy from my face down to my chest I looked the proper English 'Rose' !!
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

OH had similar experience to you...an ECG...but he is 10 yrs post op - heart bypass, and GP here has done nothing for 4 yrs..oh no, did take BP once...anyway ECG ok but BP up so needed new meds to sort...Thank goodness GP decided to do something sort of medical for once....RESULT !!!
Old Feb 10th 2010, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

thanks for all your kind replies
I've still got the original problem though - its like a bad headache in my left arm with my little finger numb and the other fingertips numb. She probably thought it best to check out so I was very relieved to get the all clear. Have to say though these things make me very nervous and I was all red and blotchy from my face down to my chest I looked the proper English 'Rose' !!
Sorry Patty, only just read other replies, seems like you have beeen having worrying time....Great news ECG all ok, means the 'main machine' ticking over nicely..... soon the sun will shine and all the english roses will look a bit blotchy so no worries....
Old Feb 10th 2010, 6:17 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Carpal tunnel or however you spell it, RSS, or even tennis elbow which is also rss of a kind? Or a trapped nerve? I get an almost constant pain in my left elbow and when it was really bad I had shooting pains in my arm and sometimes tingling fingers. By an osteopath in the UK that I trust it was described as a kind of RSS from pushing Antonia around in her pram, this was then brought back on by doing pilates of all things!! He said it was like a kind of slow whiplash. Not quite what you have described, but it is worth considering if it could be anything you are doing on a regular basis that could be causing it...
Old Feb 10th 2010, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Carpal tunnel or however you spell it, RSS, or even tennis elbow which is also rss of a kind? Or a trapped nerve? I get an almost constant pain in my left elbow and when it was really bad I had shooting pains in my arm and sometimes tingling fingers. By an osteopath in the UK that I trust it was described as a kind of RSS from pushing Antonia around in her pram, this was then brought back on by doing pilates of all things!! He said it was like a kind of slow whiplash. Not quite what you have described, but it is worth considering if it could be anything you are doing on a regular basis that could be causing it...
As TR says worth considering.....can if you PM me put you in touch of 'Hand Therapy' OT (Occupational Therapist) friend who knows most things 'hand related'...no comments please Mr D.....
Old Feb 10th 2010, 8:17 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angeli
As TR says worth considering.....can if you PM me put you in touch of 'Hand Therapy' OT (Occupational Therapist) friend who knows most things 'hand related'...no comments please Mr D.....
As if he would!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

Originally Posted by duffer
What's an ECG?
No need to worry duffer you not got one

PS: glad all ok Patty