Wikiposts

Plonkers

Old Nov 10th 2012, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all
Default Plonkers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/avia...nair-boss.html

Old Nov 10th 2012, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

giuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nice
Default Re: Plonkers

Old Nov 10th 2012, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

LOL
Wish I could be as outspoken without feeling bad-but then I'm not rich enough !
Old Nov 11th 2012, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, having been hooked recently on watching Aircrash investigation, I agree that seatbelts are pretty much useless in an emergency landing, although in case of turbulence, they can save lives.
The majority of the crashes occurred because of plane malfunctioning due to poor maintenance and human error.
The survival chances are much higher if you are seated at the very end of the plane and if you are short. In the Guam aircrash a 9 year old child survived but her mother although injured, had both legs broken and could not get out. The girl's legs did not touch the metal bar and in spite of a passenger lobbying all the airlines, is still there. Profit is more important than lives.
It was also concluded that due to high turnover of flights and the pressure to be on time, with cheap airlines, maintenance suffers.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Ryanair bring up the standing room only argument occasionally; I'm sure they'll get there eventually. Don't fancy it myself much, just as I don't like standing up on a bus ..
Old Nov 11th 2012, 7:53 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isakat
Actually, having been hooked recently on watching Aircrash investigation, I agree that seatbelts are pretty much useless in an emergency landing, although in case of turbulence, they can save lives.
The majority of the crashes occurred because of plane malfunctioning due to poor maintenance and human error.
The survival chances are much higher if you are seated at the very end of the plane and if you are short. In the Guam aircrash a 9 year old child survived but her mother although injured, had both legs broken and could not get out. The girl's legs did not touch the metal bar and in spite of a passenger lobbying all the airlines, is still there. Profit is more important than lives.
It was also concluded that due to high turnover of flights and the pressure to be on time, with cheap airlines, maintenance suffers.
Oh goodness I watch that too. OH keeps asking me how I can watch it knowing that he's always on one plane or another and the kids and I are as well two or three times a year. Some of the programmes are from very old crashes and I like seeing what new measures and improvements have been put in place.

I also learnt that no matter how panicked you might be, never ever inflate your life-jacket whilst still inside the plane!

I wouldn't want standing room on a flight anyway. I'm not standing up for over 2 hours.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Oh goodness I watch that too. OH keeps asking me how I can watch it knowing that he's always on one plane or another and the kids and I are as well two or three times a year. Some of the programmes are from very old crashes and I like seeing what new measures and improvements have been put in place.

I also learnt that no matter how panicked you might be, never ever inflate your life-jacket whilst still inside the plane!

I wouldn't want standing room on a flight anyway. I'm not standing up for over 2 hours.
DS(9) got me hooked on watching this. He is obsessed with planes and safety and says when he grows up he will be an air crash investigator.
I also asked him how can he watch this and not be scared to go on a plane and he answered:'mum, all those crashes happened in the past and from every crash they learned how to improve safety'.
Have you seen the one with the Russian school kids who were flying to Barcelona and their plane had a mid-air crash with a DHL plane?
DD watched it yesterday( she gets hooked too) and she said that she cried when the father found his daughter's bead necklace and then his dead daughter after the crash. Having lost his wife and 2 kids, he then killed the Swiss air traffic controller, who really was not to blame.Heartbreaking.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Isakat
Ryanair (cheap) - no fatal accidents
Alitalia (definitely not cheap) - 8 fatal accidents and one a/c lost in a ground fire
Old Nov 12th 2012, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chris120
Ryanair (cheap) - no fatal accidents
Alitalia (definitely not cheap) - 8 fatal accidents and one a/c lost in a ground fire
I would not compare Alitalia with any airline Chris. Anyway, the data was taken based on flights in the States mainly. Maybe Ryan Air has really motivated and well paid engineers? Well, I hope so as I use them sometimes too.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

The thing is that the B737 is one of the most robust a/c ever made; it cantake punishment (and lack of maintenance) and keep going. For instance the Aloha Airlines Flight 243 incident.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chris120
The thing is that the B737 is one of the most robust a/c ever made; it cantake punishment (and lack of maintenance) and keep going. For instance the Aloha Airlines Flight 243 incident.
Do not mean to scare anyone:
http://airsafe.com/events/models/b737.htm
http://www.b737.org.uk/accident_reports.htm

OK, some are hijackings and some human error.....

I watched the Helios flight 522, scary...
Old Nov 12th 2012, 8:19 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

QANTAS. QANTAS never crashed.

Just waiting for them to open up a Verona to Gatwick route...

I'm an excellent driver.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Are you offering to 'drive' the plane, Duffer?
Old Nov 12th 2012, 11:22 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
QANTAS. QANTAS never crashed.

Just waiting for them to open up a Verona to Gatwick route...

I'm an excellent driver.
There's always a first time.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 1:19 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I ain't gettin on no plane!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.