Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Playing in Bands

Playing in Bands

Old Oct 26th 2015, 7:29 am
Just Joined

McMCC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Playing in Bands

As stupid as it seems one of my main worries is finding musicians to play in bands with, I drum and have played semi pro. I hope they have pub and function style bands out in Italy, we are seeking to move to Abruzzo
Thank you
Old Oct 26th 2015, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Donna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond reputeDonna Noble has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Playing in Bands

Well I can't really talk about that area but knowing about Abruzzo and Umbria Jazz I would say it's a pretty safe bet to say you'll be OK. Although I suppose it depends how close you'll be living to a decent size town. Even if you're not into jazz I think you'd find a band to play in. In my area in the Veneto, you can't move some weekends for bands, whether jazz, cover, rock or whatever, and all of a pretty excellent standard too. From my experience Italians are really into the "musician" aspect not just the "music" - they talk about musicians with total admiration and respect.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Angeldimana will become famous soon enoughAngeldimana will become famous soon enough

Hi,
I searched for bands a while ago as i used to sing back in the UK. You could try the villaggio musicale website. Its kind of a classified ads for musicians....
http://www.villaggiomusicale.com/annunci/

Thanks
Nigel
Old Oct 26th 2015, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by McMCC
As stupid as it seems one of my main worries is finding musicians to play in bands with, I drum and have played semi pro. I hope they have pub and function style bands out in Italy, we are seeking to move to Abruzzo
Thank you
I know an electric fiddle player