British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   Permesso update for new passport (citizenship) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/permesso-update-new-passport-citizenship-904514/)

britaly00 Oct 13th 2017 9:06 am

Permesso update for new passport (citizenship)

I'm completing documentation for citizenship application.

On the site for online citizenship application. page 6, one enters the permesso di soggiorno details.
My permesso, obtained in 2003, with tempo indeterminato has no expiry date (obviously).
But the page 6 field requires an expiry date.
It seems I should have updated my PdS when I got the new passport (in 2009). I had no idea of this.
This page details the procedure for getting an updated PdS after renewing a passport.
Permesso di soggiorno. Quando va aggiornato? Come si fa? - Il portale dell'immigrazione e degli immigrati in Italia - Stranieri in Italia
I'm wondering if this applies retrospectively to all renewed passports. And if not, from which date did it come into effect (i.e. post-2009)?

Has anyone done this procedure of PdS updating because of passport renewal?
Curious to hear others' feedback
cheers
M

Lorna at Vicenza Oct 13th 2017 9:22 am

Re: Permesso update for new passport (citizenship)

Are you sure you're on the right page? The permesso di soggiorno was eliminated for Europeans in 2007 so what are they asking for?

britaly00 Oct 13th 2017 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 12360035)
Are you sure you're on the right page? The permesso di soggiorno was eliminated for Europeans in 2007 so what are they asking for?

OK. Thanks. So does it now go under a new name?

On the page 6 of the Ministero ell'interno immigration site there is a pull down menu, the PdS being one option among 'Carta Soggiorno' , 'Carta MAE' , and 'Richiesta di iscrizione anagrafica per cittadino UE'
I selected Permesso di Soggiorno option as this is what I have, not having exchanged it for anything else or updated it.

I notice that if one selects the Carta soggiorno or the Carta MAE, the expiry date box is not active, only for the other two options.

Lorna at Vicenza Oct 13th 2017 9:50 am

There is no new name for it. It just doesn't exist for Europeans anymore. We now just apply directly in the Comune for residency so I would choose the last option in the menu: iscrizione anagrafica per cittadino UE.

britaly00 Oct 13th 2017 11:01 am

Thanks.
So, can I safely conclude that this anagrafe registration be automatic if an ID card was issued since 2007 (my first was in this year IIRC, my second ID card in 2012), or one bought a property here? (Or does selecting this option activate the request with this application...?)
thanks.

britaly00 Oct 13th 2017 12:40 pm

It looks like this could be the process to register anew for residency :
Attestato di soggiorno permanente per i cittadini comunitari — Rete Civica Monet

modicasa Oct 13th 2017 2:01 pm

If you've been resident in Italy for five years, just go to the ufficio anagrafe a the comune and ask for a permanent residence certificate.

37100 Oct 13th 2017 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by britaly00 (Post 12360114)
It looks like this could be the process to register anew for residency :
Attestato di soggiorno permanente per i cittadini comunitari — Rete Civica Monet

No, you don't register anew. The attestato is just a piece of paper confirming that you have been registered for 5 or more years.

nicktonight Oct 20th 2017 11:14 am

I put my Italian Identity card details on this page - You need a number and my residency paper has no number