Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Permesso di soggiorno

Permesso di soggiorno

Old Jul 4th 2020, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Lugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant future
Default Re: Permesso di soggiorno

We moved to Italy in October last year and got permission to stay which included having to have health insurance. We bought a policy through our Italian bank but decided it was too late in the year to purchase the voluntary registration for the Italian health service. Actually, time has moved on again pretty fast so will be crossing our fingers and buying into the system in January.

Regarding Brexit, I read that we needed yet another form from the commune to confirm our status. I emailed the town hall but they were not aware so I sent them a link to the the Ministry of Local Affairs and am awaiting a further reply...
Old Jul 11th 2020, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Lugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant futureLugsbug has a brilliant future

The town hall has replied enclosing the forms we need to complete. They also want 3 x 16 euro tax stamps each!
Old Jul 11th 2020, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lugsbug
The town hall has replied enclosing the forms we need to complete. They also want 3 x 16 euro tax stamps each!
What type of residency are they advising you apply for?
Old Jul 11th 2020, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Philat - we already have residency - this is another form to confirm this as part of Brexit.
Old Jul 11th 2020, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Philat - we already have residency - this is another form to confirm this as part of Brexit.
Brits in Italy say there is no charge for the new Attestazione. I think it is just the AdiE looking for people not paying tax.
Old Jul 12th 2020, 5:21 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Are you applying for the Attestazione di iscrizione anagrafica ?
Old Jul 12th 2020, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Hi Lorna, yes - the title of the form is Richiesta Rilasco Attestazione Discrizione Anagrafica Per I Cittadini Britannici. I understand this to mean a registration certificate is required for Brexit purposes and confirms the date we obtained residency.
Old Jul 12th 2020, 8:46 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lorna, yes - the title of the form is Richiesta Rilasco Attestazione Discrizione Anagrafica Per I Cittadini Britannici. I understand this to mean a registration certificate is required for Brexit purposes and confirms the date we obtained residency.
As far as I know, it's not required as yet and is an extra here in Italy.
What I understand is that this is just an extra bit of paper that says ....... yes you were a fully entitled resident when Brexit happened. Therefore, we grant you whatever rights will be and might not be or are not yet part of the withdrawl agreement.

Old Jul 27th 2020, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

By the end of the transition , 31 december 2020 thwn it will be necessary to have te Attestazione di Soggiorno Permanente and the document mentioned above to ensure that we keep our rights and do not get confused with UK citizens seeking to live and work in Italy after that date . Unless there something changes after that date then you can only visit Italy for 90 out of every 180 days and have no legal right to work here ......
Old Jul 27th 2020, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute

It does seem to me that there is a certain amount of confusion being caused by the requirement to complete a new Attestazione. It seems like a pretty straightforward concept to grasp, but I've seen posts on Facebook where people reply to the UK govt's attempts to communicate the need for this NEW form by saying things like "I applied for this when I moved here in 1989" - clearly they've not understood. They couldn't have applied for it before now as it didn't exist.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by C.2s
It does seem to me that there is a certain amount of confusion being caused by the requirement to complete a new Attestazione. It seems like a pretty straightforward concept to grasp, but I've seen posts on Facebook where people reply to the UK govt's attempts to communicate the need for this NEW form by saying things like "I applied for this when I moved here in 1989" - clearly they've not understood. They couldn't have applied for it before now as it didn't exist.

That's true. It's also true that many Italian comune are refusing it to Brits as they themselves don't know what it is or are convinced that the attestazione di soggiorno permanente is the same thing or the equivalent or better. Before long, even the smallest of comune should have received the ministerial legal jargon about the new attestazione.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

If you get a residency card then you have no need for any of the above as it shows the issue date which will be before 1.1.21.
The attestazione di soggiorno permanente is anyway only once you have been here 5 years - so if you dont have an id card by then, praps you shouldnt be here!

Old Jul 27th 2020, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
That's true. It's also true that many Italian comune are refusing it to Brits as they themselves don't know what it is or are convinced that the attestazione di soggiorno permanente is the same thing or the equivalent or better. Before long, even the smallest of comune should have received the ministerial legal jargon about the new attestazione.
My comune is still operating in the 1400s. If you have 20 pitbull puppies and you want to chain them to the ground no problem but if you want an attestazione di soggiorno not so easy. It is not very clear what use these documents will be in 2021.

Last edited by philat98; Jul 27th 2020 at 7:08 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to be slow; but the longer this thread goes on the more confused I get! Could some kind person please explain, in words of one syllable, the difference between: attestazione di soggiorno permanente; attestazione di iscrizione anagrafica; permesso di soggiorno di lungo periodo; and residenza elettiva?
Old Jul 28th 2020, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

attestazione soggiorno permanente - scrappy bit of paper you get after you have been resident for 5 years, which shows you are allowed to stay in Italy indefinitely. (Obviously if you dont move around Italy much, your comune can issue an id card and/or a certificate of residenza storica which shows how long and where you have been resident. )

permesso di soggiorno di lungo periodo - this is what non EU residents have after 5 years instead of the above. After 10 years non EU can apply for citizenship. And will apply to Brits too from 1 Jan.

assestazione di iscrizione anagrafica - shows you have been here for more than 3 months, less than 5 years and that you are a resident. Pointless piece of paper introduced in 2007, and easily outdone by your id card either paper or digital which shows you are resident. Most comunes dont even bother with these.

residenza elettiva - this is residence which is like normal residence except youre not allowed to earn any money at all in italy, but choose to have your main (italian) home here. Mainly for non EU people who want to stay longer than a month and less than 6 months. Also interesting as only a tiny percentage of people who work in comunes knows what it is causing great fun and larks when you ask for it.

Last edited by modicasa; Jul 28th 2020 at 4:53 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.