Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Paying Italian Bills

Paying Italian Bills

Old Jul 20th 2020, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

ganastasia is a jewel in the roughganastasia is a jewel in the roughganastasia is a jewel in the roughganastasia is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Paying Italian Bills

Good afternoon All,

I am in the process of completing a purchase on a holiday home near Marina Di Ragusa. I am wondering if anyone can share their experiences of paying the general bills such as TARI, TASI, electricity bills and water bills via direct debit.

I have opened a euro account with Starling Bank as they seem to have reasonable exchange rates, and moving funds from my UK account is quick and simple.
The account does have an IBAN and SWIFT/BIC code.

Thankyou

Joe
Old Jul 21st 2020, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paying Italian Bills

TARI is an imposta and cannot be paid by direct debit. TASI doesnt exist this year. IMU may be payable by direct debit in the future, there is a plan to allow you to pay by DD and give you a discount. Water bills in Ragusa are not payable by DD. Electricity can be paid by RID/DD - when you do the voltura after the purchase give them your bank details and it will probably be automatic. Usually in my experience, the first bill doesnt go through.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 9:22 am
Just Joined

ganastasia is a jewel in the roughganastasia is a jewel in the roughganastasia is a jewel in the roughganastasia is a jewel in the rough

Thankyou for your help Modicasa.

Old Jul 24th 2020, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

defenderman1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Joe, we pay our water (Abbanao) and electric (Enel) online.
Colin