Partita IVA

Old May 3rd 2009, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Partita IVA

Can someone help me - there is a rumour that our school next year will employ us teachers but that they will want us to have our own partita IVA. What exactly does this entail and will it mean we end up with headaches/paperwork/beaurocracy for the few pennies we get or is it all pretty straightforward (I cant believe I actually said the word 'straightforward' on a forum about Italy )
Old May 4th 2009, 8:30 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partita IVA

Patty - getting a Partita Iva is simple and costs nothing.

You just go to the local tax office and fill out a form for an "individual" one or a "company" one.

It's what you do afterwards when it gets more complicated. You'll have to start giving out proper invoices and doing the tax forms and paying the 20% etc.

I think the school is being stupid anyway ....or maybe it is just an invalid rumour going around.

I have a friend who works for a school and even though I'm not sure what kind of work contract she has, I do know for a fact that she doesn't have a partita IVA. I think she pays her own INPS contributions though.
Old May 4th 2009, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lorna - I hope it is just a rumour. Like you say - I cant think why after years of giving us a silly contract they'd need to change it now
I'll just have to wait and see .
Old May 4th 2009, 6:07 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patty
Thanks Lorna - I hope it is just a rumour. Like you say - I cant think why after years of giving us a silly contract they'd need to change it now
I'll just have to wait and see .
You're welcome.

I'd be wary of getting one as an individual person but as I've said before ...... I'm sceptic and cynical to a lot of things now.

I think it might be one of those things that is so easy to get but so damn hard to cancel without declaring bankruptcy or something.

With a partitta iva there are also other things you can claim back as a tax rebate like company petrol but you have to reach a certain price before you can even claim back a cent .......... just like for the medical bills and chemist receipts .. so it probably isn't worth it in your case.

Not unless you plan on earning millions
Old May 6th 2009, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Sasserina is an unknown quantity at this point

hey Patty,
i opened a partita iva last July. The actual getting it wasn't a problem. However it would be worth your while talking to an accountant (most give free consultations) as there are several choices now available. The one I have is for those who earn less than 30,000 in a year, (which will probably be your case being a teacher ) which means that the companies for which I work pay the 20% ritenuta di acconto and I am not liable to pay IVA at the end of the year. I also can claim anything, medical receipts, petrol, etc, anything to do with my job and there are no minimum or maximum limits. This partita IVA also has the positive aspect that at the end of the financial year when you have to pay your INPS (though as a teacher the school should pay these contributions) any IVA you have paid for things over the year can be deducted against your INPS - or you get it back.
I don't understand why the school should wish you to do this, but I know that it is happening in a lot of places of work unfortunately.
However bear in mind that you have choices available to you, some scarier than others, and so I would suggest you talk it over with an accountant. Depending on where you are I can let you have contact info of mine (I am in Tuscany). He gives free consultations and then takes care of everything throughout the year for a competitive fee. And you have no headaches of your own!
Hope that helps. Good luck!
Old May 6th 2009, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Sasserina is an unknown quantity at this point

I just saw you're near Turin....
In any case I'm sure you'll find someone near who can further help.
Good luck!
Old May 6th 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks alot Sasserina