Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

In which part of VICENZA should we live?

In which part of VICENZA should we live?

Old Sep 27th 2007, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Fergelina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In which part of VICENZA should we live?

Hi all,

We will be moving to Vicenza in Springtime.
Can anybody advise me in which part of town we should be looking for a house or apartment?
- Near a pre- and primary school (Italian),
- Near a grocerie store,

This is all due to the fact that I do not drive as I have epilepsie.

Grtz.
Fergelina
Old Sep 28th 2007, 12:02 am
Capo di nessuno capo

stefanaccio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: In which part of VICENZA should we live?

I lived for four years on Via Capparozzo which is on the busline that links centro to Caserm Ederle. Fantastico! l personally would live as close to the center of town as I could afford....

Casale-No Bidet
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:09 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fergelina
Hi all,

We will be moving to Vicenza in Springtime.
Can anybody advise me in which part of town we should be looking for a house or apartment?
- Near a pre- and primary school (Italian),
- Near a grocerie store,

This is all due to the fact that I do not drive as I have epilepsie.

Grtz.
Fergelina
I live in Montecchio Maggiore. Within easy walking distance we have a nursery, primary and high school as well as the hospital all off the same road. At the end of this same road there is the coach station. Within minutes of all these there are a hotel, large supermarket (Interspar), chemists and not too far is the motorway exit for the A4.
But bear in mind that only in Vicenza city centre and it's suburbs you can find buses. The buses do not run as far as Montecchio. We do, however, have the coach service which can take you into the centre.
A car is needed for, in my opinion, anywhere outside of the centre of Vicenza, otherwise you will have real difficulties in your daily life.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

CarrieW is on a distinguished road

I agree that a car is a pretty strong necessity if you do not live in a town centre - where we live in the hills surrounding Vicenza we get a couple of buses a day and there are no shops, schools or anything within walking distance.

Vicenza centre has good bus and rail links to many other places, so would make travelling around the region far easier for you.

Good luck with your search.

Carrie