Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Paris passport application

Paris passport application

Old Feb 27th 2010, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

DaniL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Paris passport application

I sent my renewal application to Paris on 21st Jan and it's still not back. They took the 170 euros off my debit card on 2nd Feb so I phoned them last week to find out what's happened. If you phone careline you need to give them your credit card details so they can charge you for the call, which really annoyed me! Especially as all I got told was "It's been printed, don't know what happened after that"! The next day someone from the Paris embassy phoned to say they have it, do I want it posted? So they sent it on Tuesday and it's still not here, but all my post seems to take a very long time. And they only sent it registered post after I payed for it to be couriered.
I just hope I'm at hoe when it comes, I've got no ID to collect it from the post office with. Do you think they'll accept a Japanese ID card?
I wish I'd just gone home to do it!
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:57 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Phoned yesterday - not getting anywhere with the tracking. Anyway Paris called me back today. Not received it and I couldn't check Poste Italiane when they called, so left it that they would call me back Monday if it still hadn't turned up as they said the air strike last week could've had a part to play and they are having this problem a lot with people in Italy not being able to track the letters through the system. Was able to check with Poste later and it only left Fiumicino yesterday!!! So it should now be in France and hopefully they will get it tomorrow !! Very nice young man called John Sykes called me from the processing office in Paris...Just in case anyone ever needs a contact name there!
Old Mar 10th 2010, 12:01 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Update - Paris just called. Her passport has been done, yay! Is being sent via TNT today and should arrive at the Porter's lodge tomorrow. I put that address to be on the safe side! Embassy said that was fine and also gave me a tracking number if it doesn't arrive.... Will let you know tomorrow....
Old Mar 10th 2010, 1:23 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Update - Paris just called. Her passport has been done, yay! Is being sent via TNT today and should arrive at the Porter's lodge tomorrow. I put that address to be on the safe side! Embassy said that was fine and also gave me a tracking number if it doesn't arrive.... Will let you know tomorrow....
Fingers crossed for tomorrow then. Have you got snow?
Old Mar 10th 2010, 1:31 pm
The Original Red Head!

Not in the city. I think Pansy has it where she is though. Very cold and windy here! Brrr!
Old Mar 11th 2010, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Not in the city. I think Pansy has it where she is though. Very cold and windy here! Brrr!
has it arrived yet TR??!!
Old Mar 11th 2010, 9:32 am
The Original Red Head!

On the TNT site it says it arrive at the Florence depot this morning and is now out for delivery.....
Old Mar 11th 2010, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

On the TNT site it says it arrive at the Florence depot this morning and is now out for delivery.....
will keep for youxxx
Old Mar 11th 2010, 4:42 pm
The Original Red Head!

Well it still hasn't arrived! The track and trace says it's still out for delivery by employee, so my guess is that said employee will deliver tomorrow now....Nothing with the porter - just checked. Not here by tomorrow afternoon or no change on track and trace I'm calling them. So annoying!!
Old Mar 11th 2010, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well it still hasn't arrived! The track and trace says it's still out for delivery by employee, so my guess is that said employee will deliver tomorrow now....Nothing with the porter - just checked. Not here by tomorrow afternoon or no change on track and trace I'm calling them. So annoying!!
For goodness sake!! Do they not have to get it all done in one day?? Hope it comes tomoz then!!
Old Mar 11th 2010, 6:52 pm
The Original Red Head!

Well it left Paris yesterday. Can't you see some TNT courier here, on his scooter thinking, Oh, domani!!
Old Mar 11th 2010, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well it left Paris yesterday. Can't you see some TNT courier here, on his scooter thinking, Oh, domani!!
yes!!! I can!!! I am almost killed by the local DHL man on a regular basis as he can't possibly give way at junctions etc. which always leads me to believe they MUST get it all done in one day... he could just be a t**t though!!
Old Mar 11th 2010, 7:22 pm
The Original Red Head!

Okay - this is it's current status:

11/03/2010 Mancava l'interessato al ritiro della spedizione

Wth?? Lost interest and returned quite literally?? Someone tell me what it REALLY means!!

Then this from the French site, which is total cobblers! Receiver Not Home. Follow Up Action Underway. The address was the Porter's! He must have picked the only ten minutes she wasn't there!!! And didn't leave a card....

Last edited by TestaRossa; Mar 11th 2010 at 7:24 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Okay - this is it's current status:

11/03/2010 Mancava l'interessato al ritiro della spedizione

Wth?? Lost interest and returned quite literally?? Someone tell me what it REALLY means!!

Then this from the French site, which is total cobblers! Receiver Not Home. Follow Up Action Underway. The address was the Porter's! He must have picked the only ten minutes she wasn't there!!! And didn't leave a card....
hmmm I translate it as: couldn't be arsed!!! Why no card??
Old Mar 11th 2010, 7:45 pm
The Original Red Head!

Don't know...It's why Paris gave me the tracking number, they said they don't always leave them...T**tssss! I am fuming now! I bet they are on bloody strike tomorrow as well!! If that's the case by the time Monday comes I'm probably going to be having kittens!!! I really can't believe how shite this new service is!!

Having said that, at least this thread is serving as good warning to anyone else having to do this!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.