Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Paris passport application

Paris passport application

Old Oct 13th 2010, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

DaniL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Paris passport application

I know Lorna! And it says on the website it takes at least 6 weeks for a first passport. Maybe if they've messed up an application of yours in the past they do future ones properly? I was really worried they'd reject the photos so when we got home to a TNT envelope I was sure it was just the application being returned, but hubby said he could feel a passport inside.
I'm off to phone my mum and tell her to expect us, then try and get some cheap flights!
Old Oct 13th 2010, 6:00 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Danil - can I ask how you sent the stuff off to Paris?
My envelope took more than a week just to get out of Italy.

By the way - I am very pleased you had a lot less hassle and are going home with baby.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

DaniL is an unknown quantity at this point

I just sent it racommandata - tried to get the one with proof of posting but was told you can only do that within Italy, but I used it last time and it took 10 days to get to Paris.
Glad to be going home but struggling with arrangements, my mum lives near Hastings and in-laws are near Glasgow!
Old Oct 13th 2010, 6:52 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Just goes to show that nobody in Italy knows any set rules.
I sent a raccomandata assicurata per l'estero so the person who told you that it exists only in Italy wasn't working properly that day.

In any event - my extra paid for "insured post" took a damn sight longer than your normal raccomandata. Oh Italy .............
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

nadia8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Just sent off Antonia's renewal to Paris via posta assicurata. I'll let you know how I get on....
Hello TestaRossa. My name is nadia. I'm new to this but I was just wondering if you or anybody else could help me with my paris passport application. I live here in italy with my Italian partner and 2 kids. I need to get a first time british passport for my daughter. I know I need to get her Italian birth certificate translated into english but want to know if I need to get it "certified" or something; it doesn't seem to say on the website. Last thing, do I have to send some other id apart from copy of my passport and full birth certificate?
sorry it's so long! thanks to anyone who can help.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:47 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nadia8
Hello TestaRossa. My name is nadia. I'm new to this but I was just wondering if you or anybody else could help me with my paris passport application. I live here in italy with my Italian partner and 2 kids. I need to get a first time british passport for my daughter. I know I need to get her Italian birth certificate translated into english but want to know if I need to get it "certified" or something; it doesn't seem to say on the website. Last thing, do I have to send some other id apart from copy of my passport and full birth certificate?
sorry it's so long! thanks to anyone who can help.
Nadia. Doesn't your comune issue 'modello internazionale' birth certificate? Saves getting it translated.