Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Parcels to and from the UK

Parcels to and from the UK

Old Jan 4th 2023, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parcels to and from the UK

I sent 3 large parcels by UPS to the UK in February, April and July last year. I paid on their website, all the dimensions were correct and everything went OK (apart from the July parcel that arrived broken in September). Then in October I received 3 further bills of 50 Euros each from UPS. Despite contacting UPS (even via Facebook) I still have not found out what these extra bills are for as this is not mentioned on the bill. Has this happened to anyone else? I have not had to pay any extra bills for parcels sent to other countries incl. the US
On a similat note I have just received a book from the UK. Here the extra bill was only 4 Euros 30 that had to be paid before receiving the book. This took all morning at the post office and they only gave me the parcel after a lot of consultation with the Director as my brother had sent it to Nick and not Nicholas as on my ID card.
Old Jan 7th 2023, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parcels to and from the UK

Can't comment on the €50 fees for sending stuff. But yes, we have to pay for receiving packages from the UK because it's fuori EU. Was it a surprise to you? There's been a lot of chat about this on this forum and in various newspapers etc
Today we picked up presents from the post office... which was posted to us by someone who we actually saw last week when we were in the UK for Xmas! The presents were jokey game type things which were were worth about €20. They paid £8 postage. We paid €12 import tax and admin fees. I know one is supposed to say it's the thought that counts, but I can't help thinking it wasn't worth it 🙂
Old Jan 7th 2023, 10:04 am
Banned

Oliver125 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great one to see such reliable platform where you can send your parcel<!--{C}%3C!%2D%2Dtd%20%7Bborder%3A%201px%20solid%20%23 cccccc%3B%7Dbr%20%7Bmso-data-placement%3Asame-cell%3B%7D%2D%2D%3E-->
Old Jan 7th 2023, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C.2s
Can't comment on the €50 fees for sending stuff. But yes, we have to pay for receiving packages from the UK because it's fuori EU. Was it a surprise to you? There's been a lot of chat about this on this forum and in various newspapers etc
Today we picked up presents from the post office... which was posted to us by someone who we actually saw last week when we were in the UK for Xmas! The presents were jokey game type things which were were worth about €20. They paid £8 postage. We paid €12 import tax and admin fees. I know one is supposed to say it's the thought that counts, but I can't help thinking it wasn't worth it 🙂
I have bought things from China. On the customs label they always write value €2 regardless. I never paid any tax.