Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Palombaro Abruzzo

Palombaro Abruzzo

Old Jun 9th 2019, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

SimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Palombaro Abruzzo

Of course, knowing when to part with your hard earned is one consideration but where to relocate too is probably a bigger decision.

Do any contributors have a general view on this particular or surrounding areas?

Thanks.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Palombaro Abruzzo

Further south you go in Abruzzo the cheaper the house, quite a few English live in that area, suspect that has something to do with the English agent who lives either in or around Palombaro.
Old Jun 10th 2019, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Caprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really nice

Goerdieborn is right. If you like living in an English community, with all that entails, it would be ideal.
Old Jun 10th 2019, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

SimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond reputeSimonTam has a reputation beyond repute

Hmnn I understand your point.

Trouble is, we are looking to retire here, all be it in a few more years, and when we do make the break I believe it'll be permanent, (particularly with the disparity in house inflation between the two countries) and given the likelihood of not being able to sell up to relocate as easily as here in the UK without losing an arm and a leg in the process, we're super paranoid about choosing an area in which we end up being effectively trapped and isolated. So the idea being is that an English community might act as a security blanket whilst we transition from one culture to the next.
Old Jun 10th 2019, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Caprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really niceCaprihana is just really nice

Before committing I would suggest spending your holidays (and as much time as possible) in the area you think may fit the bill; at all different times of the year not just the nice months. There are heaps of English run B&B's/apartments to stay in the area. There will always be loads of houses available in the future, so if you're planning on spending your retirement somewhere it's better to spend time beforehand making sure it's the right place for you.
Old Jun 10th 2019, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

I agree, we spent some time in the area in May and the weather was bloody horrible, so I can imagine February aint much fun!

Which was pretty much a shame because one of the reasons for retiring abroad was for the climate. Don't laugh.

We are booked to go to Cisternino in Puglia for a couple of weeks in July and then to Sicily in October for three weeks. Additional we've had plenty of holidays in and around Naples in the past. Love Naples but wouldn't live there if you paid me!

All this research can be a right ol' chore, eh?
Old Jun 10th 2019, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

The Brindisi Province of Puglia has lots of British retirees. Cisternino is a bit further inland than us (San Vito dei Normanni), so they have slightly cooler summers, and colder winters in general. The weather has just broken here, and we are having quite a heatwave.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Margaret M
The Brindisi Province of Puglia has lots of British retirees. Cisternino is a bit further inland than us (San Vito dei Normanni), so they have slightly cooler summers, and colder winters in general. The weather has just broken here, and we are having quite a heatwave.
Yep! Weather has just broken here too.

Cold wet grey and miserable. In F****** June!!

Remind me again about my interest in relocating.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future

Personally I’d retire in Sicily, it’s by far my favourite region and decent weather!