Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Online grocery Shopping Piemonte .

Online grocery Shopping Piemonte .

Old Nov 19th 2021, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Feetuptime is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Online grocery Shopping Piemonte .

Good evening all ,Does anyone do online shopping with eg. Ipercoop or similar? I am looking to buy somewhere in the north and may need to register with the stores that are close to wherever i get.
Its just a thought as if there is a lockdown whilst on a cpl weeks break then a bit of forward planning goes without saying.
Any advice is welcome.Thanks ..
Old Nov 19th 2021, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online grocery Shopping Piemonte .

A while since we were there (2018) , but there was NO on-line supermarket shopping in Italy!
Old Nov 19th 2021, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the reply Geordieborn, I wonder if amazon do,
Old Nov 20th 2021, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

dreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Feetuptime
Thank you for the reply Geordieborn, I wonder if amazon do,
Amazon definitely deliver - amazon.it. In our experience they are really good. We've been here during lockdown and have always been able to do a weekly shop.
Old Nov 20th 2021, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

The Coop does home delivery.
https://www.coopshop.it/p/area/coop-liguria/
Old Nov 20th 2021, 1:38 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Good evening all ,Does anyone do online shopping with eg. Ipercoop or similar? I am looking to buy somewhere in the north and may need to register with the stores that are close to wherever i get.
Its just a thought as if there is a lockdown whilst on a cpl weeks break then a bit of forward planning goes without saying.
Originally Posted by Geordieborn
A while since we were there (2018) , but there was NO on-line supermarket shopping in Italy!
Esselunga has being doing online delivery for years. However, prices are higher and they do not apply in shop offers which, until Covid, discouraged people. There are also several frozen food companies who deliver.
edit: Esselunga also do click and collect. Clicca e vai.

Last edited by 37100; Nov 20th 2021 at 1:42 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2021, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Well they are getting there, wonder how good it is... ?
Old Nov 20th 2021, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Well they are getting there, wonder how good it is... ?
My Ipercoop has been doing home deliveries to villages since the start of the Covid when you were supposed to shop only in your nearest grocery store. If you spend €100 you get free delivery. All the instore offers seem to be included. We buy a lot of things at the fresh food counters and that is not available online.
Old Nov 20th 2021, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future

If the experience of the first lockdown is a guide, on-line shopping may be a choice rather than a necessity and, I suspect, any future lockdown rules will be well informed.
First point, you could leave the house to shop. If you lived in a town, you had supermarkets, if you lived in a village (]<5000 (?) inhabitants), you had "Jeanie aw things", , everything from cheese to Wellingtons, but you were officially allowed to travel 30kms "to take advantage of the economic benefits of supermarkets". In short, we shopped almost as normal.

Last edited by jiminalpago; Nov 20th 2021 at 6:37 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2021, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks to everyone who took the time to write, I really appreciate it.
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of

Iperpoli did a click & collect scheme but you had to have their loyalty card to use it, for some inexplicable reason.

During lockdown last year, a lot of small, independent shops did home deliveries - we got deliveries from the butcher's, grocer's, ice cream shop & even the beer shop. I think for those smaller shops, home delivery was crucial to their survival. Most of them stopped doing it but some continued, I believe.

Old Nov 22nd 2021, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

During lockdown,the Ipercoop was manic with lines stretching to the car park.We went between 12 and 2 and it was empty,lol.Even plod was absent on the roadblocks.
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by brian12
During lockdown,the Ipercoop was manic with lines stretching to the car park.We went between 12 and 2 and it was empty,lol.Even plod was absent on the roadblocks.
They are keen on stopping people at the moment. If you are not carrying a licence the fine is from €40 to €200.