Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Ongoing D/C saga

Ongoing D/C saga

Old Jun 16th 2017, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

OliveCameToo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ongoing D/C saga

Bare with me...... (you really cannot be more fed up with this than I am!) and I apologise for this being partly rant

Since becoming resident in Lecce, I have visited the Anagrafe to try and move my application for dual citizenship onward. Lovely lady who referred me to the 'person in the know'.

I will say, that since being in Italy I have never met anyone (mostly in a official capacity) that hasn't been friendly, helpful and sympathetic (.......until now) We have been able to do/get everything we need to live here permanently without any palaver

The 'until now' is the person I was reffered to who is now dealing with my case. My most used phrase has been 'mi scusi ma non ho capito' and everyone has tried hard to explain or say whatever it is in another way to help me. Not this official, they wave their hand as if it's not important that I should understand what is being said to me?!

So, anyway, thank you if you're still reading

It seems that I have to find where/when my mother reaquired her Italian citizenship.

Her birth certificate, that should hold an annotation to that fact, doesn't.

I have a copy of a Questura from Trieste (where I think she resided for a year to reaquire her citizenship) but when I got in touch they cannot find the original.

I have a copy of Certificato Contestuale, which states her citizenship as Italian.

Mum has an Italian passport and a British one.

Mum can vote in Italy!

She is registered as an Italian citizen living in the UK

So, where else can I look for this proof?!

Thank you