Reload this Page >

Nurseries in Rome - costs and advice

Nurseries in Rome - costs and advice

Old Feb 21st 2018, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

theory is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurseries in Rome - costs and advice

Hi,

My wife and I are considering moving to Rome in September as she has been offered a position at an international school. We have two children, the eldest will be nearly six and it's likely he will start at the school my wife will work at and a two year old.

At the moment the two year old goes to a nursery in the Uk two days a week. I think we pay in the region of £50 for eight hours. I would be looking to do the same in Italy.

Could someone with any experience advise on where best to look at the rough costs etc.

I'm keen for them both to pick up as much of th language as possible.

Many Thanks
John
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nurseries in Rome - costs and advice

Originally Posted by theory
Hi,

My wife and I are considering moving to Rome in September as she has been offered a position at an international school. We have two children, the eldest will be nearly six and it's likely he will start at the school my wife will work at and a two year old.

At the moment the two year old goes to a nursery in the Uk two days a week. I think we pay in the region of £50 for eight hours. I would be looking to do the same in Italy.

Could someone with any experience advise on where best to look at the rough costs etc.

I'm keen for them both to pick up as much of th language as possible.

Many Thanks
John
Welcome and good luck John. Should be loads of nurseries available both private and state. Not my field of expertise, but the experts will be along shortly I'm sure.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 11:32 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome.

When will the two year old be three? Kids here can start "scuola materna"
at age three. It's not obligatory but most kids go. Some schools offer both mornings only or all day. My kids went until 4pm Monday to Friday and had a great lunch there each day. I paid around €100 per month but that was years ago and I don't know if Rome will be more expensive than where I live. It's a bit like play school. The kids don't do any formal schooling there like reading and writing.

Google scuola materna or scuola della prima infanzia. They changed all the names of the schools some years ago but people still say scuola materna. You could also have a look on the 'comune' website (the town hall) because they usually have a list of the schools.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 12:13 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Hello and welcome.

When will the two year old be three? Kids here can start "scuola materna"
at age three. It's not obligatory but most kids go. Some schools offer both mornings only or all day. My kids went until 4pm Monday to Friday and had a great lunch there each day. I paid around €100 per month but that was years ago and I don't know if Rome will be more expensive than where I live. It's a bit like play school. The kids don't do any formal schooling there like reading and writing.

Google scuola materna or scuola della prima infanzia. They changed all the names of the schools some years ago but people still say scuola materna. You could also have a look on the 'comune' website (the town hall) because they usually have a list of the schools.
Lorna is correct as ever but in Rome you will need to look for municipio not comune as the admin divisions in Rome are different. There are 15 municipi in Rome each with it's own mayor as well as the overall mayor of the capital.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

theory is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the tips