Nulla Osta

Old Dec 12th 2022, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future
Default Nulla Osta

Hello,

I am planning on getting married this year to my Italian partner and I have been told I need a nulla osta. Has anyone applied as a dual citizen? I have both UK and Irish citizenship and have been told by my comune that I need one from each country to proceed. When speaking to the UK embassy, they told me that it can only be from one country. Has anyone applied as a dual citizen and can shed any light on this?

Thanks
Old Dec 13th 2022, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nulla Osta

In my experience its perfectly possible to have 2 or more. They need to know that you are free to marry. In the UK and Ireland its not a big deal, but will be much to easier to get if you are physically there.
Old Dec 13th 2022, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by modicasa
In my experience its perfectly possible to have 2 or more. They need to know that you are free to marry. In the UK and Ireland its not a big deal, but will be much to easier to get if you are physically there.
Thanks - knowing how it is here having both will probably be the easiest way to avoid problems.
Do you mean going over to the UK and Ireland? It’d probably easier for me to just go down to Rome and do everything in a day there.
Old Dec 13th 2022, 9:00 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Scroll down this page to births, marriages etc.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ips-and-deaths
Old Dec 18th 2022, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, everyone. I’ve been speaking with the British embassy who’ve told me again that I can only apply under one citizenship, so am just going down the Irish route.
Old Dec 18th 2022, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, everyone. I’ve been speaking with the British embassy who’ve told me again that I can only apply under one citizenship, so am just going down the Irish route as it’s my legal citizenship in Italy.