Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

New biometric card

New biometric card

Old Mar 25th 2021, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New biometric card

Result!
Old Mar 25th 2021, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Ruby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news!
Old Mar 25th 2021, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

Well done! No need for a biometric card then
Old Mar 26th 2021, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Totally confused now. Do I need the hassle of this No! I have a permesso di soggiorno issued 1964, an Italian ID card valid until 2026,
a driving license valid until 2023 ( Italian), and a no. 1 attestazione di residenzq permanente issued 12/03/2019.
I'll have popped my clogs anyway before it's all sorted.
Keep smiling,
'o nonno.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

Just come back from the Questura where I hoped to get my "Biometric card". The Palermo questura is a beautiful pink palazzo with a long palm-lined avenue and gardens leading up to it. For the Biometric card however a policeman jumps out and prevents you entering saying that entry for the permesso is round the back. You have probably read on all the questura websites that to get the permesso you must first send an email to make an appointment and you in fact get back a letter with the time of your appointment. As for INPS however, the appointment time to undergo "fotosegnalamento" is the same for everyone so when I went round the back there were about 100 people, all young and some with children milling around a closed gate on a dangerous main road. They opened the gate at my appointment time and there was the usual free for all despite loud cries from policemen. Anyway I'm a bit stuck-up now I'm old but I can no longer bear being treated like an animal so I came home. The problem is I have to renew my carta d'identità in 3 months. Are you sure that they won't insist on me having a carta di soggiorno to renew my ID card?? Can I ring the IOM for help? Is Rome or Milan questura more civilized and covid-aware?
Old Mar 26th 2021, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Your description of a trip to the Questura at Palermo reminds me of Kafka's The Trial. Covid just adds to the misery.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago is a jewel in the roughjiminalpago is a jewel in the roughjiminalpago is a jewel in the roughjiminalpago is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by philat98 View Post
Your description of a trip to the Questura at Palermo reminds me of Kafka's The Trial. Covid just adds to the misery.
With this, and Dave's story, it can't be worse if we adopt a policy of 'let them come to you'.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Theoretically, you are renewing so shouldnt have provide anything. The comune will know that you were resident before 31-12-20 and therefore there should be no problem as that is the only parameter they can use. If you have the attestazione WA piece of paper from the anagrafe, I dont see how the same anagrafe office could refuse, as they have already given the requisite piece of paper which shows you continue to enjoy preBrexit rights. I doubt anyone in hte Palermo anagrafe office has read the circular from the Ministry.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Lugsbug is a jewel in the roughLugsbug is a jewel in the roughLugsbug is a jewel in the roughLugsbug is a jewel in the rough

We went to the questura in Alessandria yesterday morning, a very different experience from nicktonight's. There were a few people around the front door waiting to go in but we showed a chap at the door our letters and we were allowed straight through. OH's appointment was for 10.00 and mine 11.30 but they called us through together. It took around 45 minutes to process us both and the only additional thing we needed to present which was not on the list was our Tessera Sanitaria cards (luckily we had bought into the system this year). The policeman said the cards would take up to three months to arrive and that we would have to return to the office to collect them as they will take a fingerprint for security. All in all it wasn't too bad and we got a trip out on the train in the sunshine
Old Mar 30th 2021, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Public services in Piemonte are probably way ahead of Sicily. Unification didnt bring much equality.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 9:49 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lugsbug View Post
We went to the questura in Alessandria yesterday morning, a very different experience from nicktonight's. There were a few people around the front door waiting to go in but we showed a chap at the door our letters and we were allowed straight through. OH's appointment was for 10.00 and mine 11.30 but they called us through together. It took around 45 minutes to process us both and the only additional thing we needed to present which was not on the list was our Tessera Sanitaria cards (luckily we had bought into the system this year). The policeman said the cards would take up to three months to arrive and that we would have to return to the office to collect them as they will take a fingerprint for security. All in all it wasn't too bad and we got a trip out on the train in the sunshine

Other people have had their fingerprints taken right away at the first appointment. I was hoping the new cards would arrive by post. I really can't be bothered to go to the sodding Questura TWICE. It's bloody miles away. I haven't even made my email appointment request yet. I suppose I should and also wash my lockdown hair to go and get some horrible photos taken. Now then ------- glasses on or off?
Old Mar 30th 2021, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Lugsbug is a jewel in the roughLugsbug is a jewel in the roughLugsbug is a jewel in the roughLugsbug is a jewel in the rough

Hi Lorna - sorry - to clarify, we did have our fingerprints taken and when we go back to collect the cards, we will have our fingerprints scanned to verify that it is us. Our questura is about 37k by car but we are on a train route so did that instead - avoiding the hassle of finding parking etc. Glasses off!
Old Mar 30th 2021, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

davejones90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Update, Update;
This morning was a bright sunny morning in many ways because Vicenza, after relenting last week when I told them their own laws have officially accepted all paperwork remotely and confirmed that the police will visit within 30 days.

So, to reiterate much of what members here have said, their systems clearly aren't set up for this, their training isn't either and when faced with someone who knows (thanks to you guys) what their rights are and the possibility of having to deal with the IOM, miraculously the red-tape is cut and things proceed.

So nicktonight I suggest emailing the IOM, they reposnded within 24 hours to me and they can get things moving faster for you.
Biometrics WERE NOT needed in my case despite Vicenza insisting numerous times.
Old Apr 7th 2021, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by C.2s View Post
Okay. To be fair I have to say that it seems to be efficiently and clearly communicated.

But do I need it? For most people (except students which I'll mention below) it seems to be a choice. Not obligatory. And it's a bit of hassle (not much maybe). And it costs 46.46 euro. And in my case I already have the other WA form (the certificate of personal registration, issued by the Municipality of residence, proving the registration by 31st December 2020). And I have a plastic Italian ID card with photo and biometric information (which they have been issuing for the past few years)....

Students -
"Starting from 1st January 2021, British students who are
registered in the Temporary Population Register by 31st
December 2020, in order to stay in Italy will have to
apply for an electronic residence permit at the Police
Headquarters of the province of residence, within 8
working days starting from 1st January 2021, by
submitting the specific application kit at the
authorized post office.
Vademecum
This residence permit will last one year and will be
renewable until the end of the course of study, by
submitting the following documents:
» a valid passport;
» receipt of payment of € 70,46 (€ 30.46 - a sum equal
to the production cost of the document and € 40,00 -
a contribution to issue the residence permit) - to be
made via postal order on C/A n. 67422402;
» a revenue stamp of € 16.00;
» 4 passport-sized photographs;
» documents certifying the availability of adequate
financial resources for the duration of stay;
» certification from the University attesting the student
has successfully passed his/her exams;
» health and accident insurance."

OUCH! 8 DAYS!!!
This highlighted. is it titled 'Attestazione di Soggiorno Permanente Per I Cittadini dell'unione Europea' , obtained from one's anagrafe? Or something else?
Old Apr 7th 2021, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute

this (it's specifically Brexit related):

https://dait.interno.gov.it/document...11-02-2020.pdf

Last edited by C.2s; Apr 7th 2021 at 6:14 pm. Reason: clarification

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.